Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best pub grub in the city?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Blakes gets my vote.

Steak and cheese wrap with soup or chowder for 9.95 is a solid meal for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

First ten reviews on TA are 4/5 star, just saying. :cool: You then of course have the out of towners who whinge about bouncers and give one star which is nowt to do with the food.
    Anyway im still surprised that another person thinks its poor, have you been recently Arty? Or is it a legacy complaint?

Last time I was in Massimos was 2 months ago. Pint and a pizza was on special. I asked could I pick the toppings on the pizza. Got a reply 'we are not pizza hut'. Rudest waiting staff I've met in a long time. Pizza was below average at best as well.

Pity, it's a nice place for a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The sandwiches in Cellar are amazing though. Their Cajun Chicken Ciabata is druel inducing

The wings in An Pucan are brilliant aswell alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ArtyC wrote: »
    Was there recently for my second and last time... Paid €7.50 for a sandwich on a board on it's own. Had to get up three times to ask for the coffee I ordered.

I only wish it was better cause it's a cool pub but I hate bad service
    Ah ya that sounds pretty poor, one thing i think is an issue there is the drinks order thing, we always get ours separate to the meal as the staff are separate and it seems sometimes they cock it up.
    d-gal wrote: »
    Last time I was in Massimos was 2 months ago. Pint and a pizza was on special. I asked could I pick the toppings on the pizza. Got a reply 'we are not pizza hut'. Rudest waiting staff I've met in a long time. Pizza was below average at best as well.

Pity, it's a nice place for a pint
    In fairness they do a limited range of pizzas, i can understand their point but the comment was a bit much i suppose. I actually only like Massimo for food, no atmosphere in there for a pint, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭flynn2426

nuac wrote: »
    I suggest McSwiggans'

But lookit - you are a guy, presumably unattached coming to Galway for the weekend.

Why this obsession with food. There are mighty women in Galway. Mingle and try your case. There will always be time for grub.

In ten or twenty years' time will you be thinking of that perfect sandwich, or of that delightful lady?

Presumably unattached why do u say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Guys, would ye recommend anywhere in salthill for grub?

zweton wrote: »

Krcma is good, The Oslo is okay but overpriced for what it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

If you like tapas try the black cat

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Black cat probably my favourite restaurant in Galway at the moment. The mussels and beef cheeks are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

When?
    Apparently if you just want a proper nosh up with no frills The Galleon is the place to go to.
    Not been there in years but hearing good feedback (mainly from tourists).
    They are celebrating some kind of a significant birthday so they have offers all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For Bóthar na Trá I'd recommend KRCMA. Sturdy, good pre-binge food :D
    And try the Kofola Cola too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Urban is doing a very good deal at the moment. Two courses for €20 and you can get a bottle of house wine for €15 with that. Even my DH, who could eat for Ireland, feels full after the antipasti platter to start and steak for main.

biko wrote: »
    For Bóthar na Trá I'd recommend KRCMA. Sturdy, good pre-binge food :D
    And try the Kofola Cola too!

Stay away from that rancid p1ss would be my tip, get the ribs in their though, great eating in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Black cat probably my favourite restaurant in Galway at the moment. The mussels and beef cheeks are amazing.

cheers to yourself and gilly q we tried the black cat, had the mussels and tapas, delicious:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Happy Christmas everybody, and every good fortune in 2015.
    Go mbeirimíd beo ar an dtràth seo arís.

• Advertisement
Advertisement