Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M4 Roadworks at night??

Options
  • 06-10-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what they're up to? Every night for the last few weeks they've been building what looks like the start of a footbridge or some other concrete structure on the grass between the two lanes. They're building these at least 3 places between Lucan and Maynooth along the M4. I'm just curios to know what they are. I don't think they're footbridges cos they're in the middle of nowhere. I was thinking it could be traffic info signs, or more likely structures for toll cameras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Have been wondering the same thing myself. Was thinking that they are the base for some sort of signage/gantry myself as well.

I hope that it is people rubbernecking trying to gawk at the work that is causing the delays in traffic heading east in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

QuadLeo wrote: »
    structures for toll cameras.
    No current plans.

They might be for overhead gantries.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I'd say gantries. They are putting them at all the junctions as far out as Mullingar so it's doubtful it's for cameras of any form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

They are the foundations for cantilevers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Furet wrote: »
    They are the foundations for cantilevers.

More exit signs?

It wasn't long ago that all the existing signs were replaced IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fandango1

Got in touch with the NRA about these roadworks. They said that it's Kildare County Council who are doing the work and they are installing signage gantries. Bit daft if you ask me considering the signage was only updated recently. Probably the CoCo trying to spend all this years budget to ensure it's not cut next year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They are for VMS most likely. Similar on the M1 and M50 already, more being installed at the minute too

Advertisement