Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 5 Episode 10 - Predictions Thread - Book Readers (** Spoilers **)

Options
  • 12-06-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread open for this. So I'll go ahead with a few scene predictions. Episode is about 55 minutes I think.

Episode Title: Mothers Mercy

There is a lot to wrap up and I find it will be hard to complete everything in the finale. Some things will be pushed into next season. These scene predictions are not in order ->

1. 2-3 minute aftermath scene. In the pyramids after the fighting pits with Tyrion, Daario, Jorah & Missandei. Discussing what to do next (find Dany/free Dragons/question Jorah betrayal). Then this cuts to a very scene of Dany looking out at the world from some high mountain perhaps with Drogon in the background.

2. 2-3 minute Cersei scene. The faith enter her cell once more and she decides to confess to only the incest. "I was alone and afraid." They will tell her that she will have to have a walk of atonement to cleanse her soul.

3. 1-2 minute scene. Sand snakes are set free. They discuss Ellaria bending the knee to Doran. They hear of Jame and co leaving for Kinds Landing.

4. 5-8 minute scene. Ayra has changed her targets from the thin old man to Ser Meryn Trant. Instead of doing her rounds with the clams, she goes to retrieve needle. She then follows Meryn back to the brothel and somehow murders him. Either by sneaking into the room or by posing as a whore for him.

5. 3-5 minute scene. Stannis camp, and the winter storm is gone, the snow is melting, Melisandre tells Stannis that the sacrifice worked and that the lord of light is with them. They prepare and go to march towards Winterfell. Selyse is completely overwhelmed by the death of Shireen.

6. 3-5 minute scene. The wall. Some wildlings stay at Winterfell, Giant WunWun, Tormund etc. Sam brings in a letter to Jon Snow. They discuss the white walkers and the next plan of action. Sam tells him of the death of Aemon and the attack on himself/Gilly. Jon tells him that the nights watch needs a new maester and that Sam take Gilly/baby to Oldtown.

7. 4-6 minute scene. The usual bromance chatter between Jamie/Bronn accompanied by Myrcella and Trystane about to set off for King's Landing.
    They get ambushed by the sand snakes. Myrcella gets injured along with Bronn and one of the sand snakes. Aero Hotah shows up and in the midst of fighting Bronn attacks him and is killed. The rest are brought back to Doran who tells of his actual plans for Dorne. Or the sand snakes decide to follow them and not attack.

8. 5-8 minute scene. Theon + Sansa wrap up/escape plan. Brienne/Pod scene, perhaps seeing the candle being lit. Some type of cliffhanger.

9. 2-4 minute scene. Wall of shame.

10. 2-4 minute scene. Ayra goes back to kill the old thin man, is found out to be lying at the house of black and white, freaks about not being able to see.

11. 2-4 minute scene. Dany comes across the Dothraki.

12. 5-8 minute scene at the wall. FTW.

That all totals about 60 minutes. So probably even less will be done. Give your own predictions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not going to happen but I would love to see Davos hear about what Stannis has done to Shireen. Turn his back on Stannis and get picked up somewhere by Manderleys men and the whole scene to happen between the two of them. At this stage that would be a complete stretch but from a book readers point of view I'd still love to see it happen. Opens it up to a return for Rickon next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Pod the Rod to free Sansa.

Bronn and Jamie to still be boring. Sandsnakes will have another awful fight scene, will accidentally poison Trystane while trying to gtet at Myrcella. Prince Doran gets pissed and executes them.

Robomountain to show up and save Cersei. Qyburn smiles to himself. Margaery stays in dungeon with her pillow biting brother.

Daenery to move on from Meereen, rendering the last two seasons completely pointless. Ser FriendStone to follow her for some reason. Despite not bringing entourage she has dothraki guards next season.

Jon Snur to forget about the White Walkers and have other problems. NW will not believe the WW attacked Hardhome, except for Sam. This will not convince anyone. Ser Alliser picks up the win.

Stannis vs Bolton does not happen. Is put off for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

• Davos comes back. Loses it when he finds out about Shireen and either abandons Stannis or tries to kill Melindra and gets killed (We are in new territory here after all. Would be a pity to see him go as he's one of my favourites but there's no place for noble men in ASoIaF)
    • Pod dies
    • Reek/Sansa somehow manage to open Winterfell gates.(Lame but can see it happening)
    • Cercie's walk with stunt naked double/strategically placed bystanders
    • Arya kills Trant and her last scene is a furious J'hquon (Or however you spell his name) watching her as she comes back after her unauthorised hit
    • 2nd last scene is Dany landing with Drogon behind doing that Avatar roar thing as she stands before her old Khalessar
    • As non-readers are fist pumping and high-fiving eachother - John. Obvious fade to silent credits.
    • Twitter ex-f*cking-SPLODES!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Vary's to show back up in Kings Landing and kill Kevan Lannister (or someone else) as in the epilogue of Book 5?

Cersei meeting whatever the maester has made of the Mountain at the end of her walk of penance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

As non-readers are fist pumping and high-fiving eachother - John. Obvious fade to silent credits.Twitter ex-f*cking-SPLODES!!!!!!

I've been hoping this season with end with *Jon and twitter would explode but its been telegraphed so much that my 3 year old could have caught on to what's gonna happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I've been hoping this season with end with *Jon and twitter would explode but its been telegraphed so much that my 3 year old could have caught on to what's gonna happen

I wonder. I know to us it seems blatantly obvious. Especially this season. He seems to have been in every episode.Non readers will be fearing the worst - that he's gonna die eventually. But he's been all over TV lately so hopefully it'll be a shock. Won't be a Red Wedding but should still have an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Thank you OP, was looking for this myself.

True, but non-bookies aren't expecting him to die, whereas most bookies, myself included, are. Final scene: stab stab stab, jon falls to the ground, blood seeps all over the snow, lingering look into Jon's eyes as he dies, his eyes close, cut to Ghosts eyes opening, aaaaaaaand scene.

Pretty much agree with the majority of OPs predictions. Dorne will be aligning with Dany next season so as boring as those scenes were, we had to be introduced. Jamie will die though, killed by the sand snakes not Bronn. Bronn will be sent back to bring the news of his death. D&D made sure to show us numerous times how vulnerable a fighter Jamie is now.

TheDoctor wrote:
    Vary's to show back up in Kings Landing and kill Kevan Lannister (or someone else) as in the epilogue of Book 5?

I think they'll switch this to LF, who wasn't in KL in the books but is in the series.

Jofspring wrote:
    At this stage that would be a complete stretch but from a book readers point of view I'd still love to see it happen. Opens it up to a return for Rickon next season.

I think Sansa will send Brienne to Skagos for Rickon. Now that Davos will be at the wall for Jon's big scene, I wonder what impact, if any, he'll have. Thoughts?

5. 3-5 minute scene. Stannis camp, and the winter storm is gone, the snow is melting, Melisandre tells Stannis that the sacrifice worked and that the lord of light is with them. They prepare and go to march towards Winterfell. Selyse is completely overwhelmed by the death of Shireen.

I don't think the winter storm is going anywhere. I think the cavalry will arrive. Through either Davos arriving back with an army of willing wildlings (perhaps bought with promises of land) or the Manderlys, Karstarks or Umbers turning up (the north remembers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

- Cersai walks naked through the streets
    - John Snow says no too Davos but 'Let's' some wildlings join
    - They find out Jorah has grey scale and wonder where Danny has gone
    - Littlefinger kills Kevin lannister
    - Arya posses as a prostitute and kills Trent
    - Top bants from Jamie and bronn, Myrcella loses an ear, Jamie kills the big black guy
    - Sansa and Reek are caught escaping
    - pod dies trying to help the lady Knight
    - Stannis and his army get caught in a blizzard
    - Danny wakes up naked on a mountain surrounded by Dolraki
    - Jon Snow stabbed by the young boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Winterfellmageddon. Stannis gets killed by Brienne who rescues Sansa and then gets sent to look for Bran/Rickon.

Cerseis walk of shame. No Ser Robert Strong til next season.

The Sand Snakes attack Jaime and co, and in the melee Bronn cuts off Myrcellas ear and Aero Hotah kills him. After the conversation he had with Jaime at the start of the season I think he will die.

Quick look at Dany in the desert alone, or maybe not.

Arya uses her youth to seduce Meryn Trant and kill him, hopefully telling him she is Arya Stark when she does it. Back at the house of black and white she is blinded for it.

The Wall. Stabby stab fest, then closes on Jon dying or coming back to life OR they don't give us that at all til next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

On the U.S. showings they do a recap showing what storylines are relevant to the next episode. The one for episode 10 got leaked apparently and is quite interesting!

See for yourselves!
    http://youtu.be/1btOBSM9mrk

Wow! Thanks for that! That is interesting! Haven't heard anyone predict that particular wall storyline!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I can see the Jon scene being mid episode the Cersei scenes will end the episode. I think Sam and Gilly will be sent off on their journey at the beginning of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I know its not going to happen but I really want Lady Stoneheart to appear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

The interesting thing about Cersei is that if she admits to her "sins" and confess that her children are the product of incest, she's inadvertently put her remaining children in danger.

What if the confession is at the beginning of the episode and at some point, word travels to Dorne. Mycraella (sp?) has been outed as having no stronger claim to the throne than Gendry. This is what might lead to a double cross in a convincing manner.

But I don't think it will be Doran's work as I believe him when he says he won't hurt little girls. I think Bronn will show his true colours once he realises the Lannisters are falling to pieces. He'll murder Jaime or Mycraella. Hotah will then murder Bronn.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Admitting the charge of incest would bring an end to Lannister rule, I think Cersei will confess to some of the other charges but not this one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

MrWalsh wrote: »
    The Wall. Stabby stab fest, then closes on Jon dying or coming back to life OR they don't give us that at all til next season.

I feel certain that he will get stabbed and warg into Ghost tonight.
    On the U.S. showings they do a recap showing what storylines are relevant to the next episode. The one for episode 10 got leaked apparently and is quite interesting!

See for yourselves!
    http://youtu.be/
    I think we can all agree that Benjen's is the most interesting scene in that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Nim wrote: »
    I feel certain that he will get stabbed and warg into Ghost tonight.

I think we can all agree that Benjen's is the most interesting scene in that :eek:

My thoughts exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Apparently 4 images have been leaked from the finale although the internet is divided on whether or not they are photoshopped. Particularly the last one which is a book spoiler too.
    Selyse hanging.
    Cersei with shorn hair.
    Jon Snow dying, blood pours out of him, he is lying down on his back, eyes open.
    Jon Snow in the same position as above, with white eyes - showing him warging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

What time is the episode available our time?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

TheDoctor wrote: »
    What time is the episode available our time?

It airs at 2.00 am our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

The beginning of the finale promo shows a figure overlooking Moat cailin from a distance. LS anyone ?

I think Stannis' final scenes will be at the head of his army as they approach Winterfell. Brienne and Pod will make they're rescue attempt. Brienne will take over Davos role in searching for Bran and Rickon next season. Davos will arrive at the wall.

Dany meets the Khalasar and decides to start heading west. The three lads back at Meereen depart with the unsullied.

A total clusterfuck will occur in Dorne between Jamie, Bronn, Myrcella, Trystane and the Sand snakes. Areo Hotah will finally use that axe he has been brandishing not so subtley, probably on Bronn.

Littlefinger will make some play North in the hopes of sweeping aside what remains of the victor between either Stannis or the Boltons.

Varys crossbows Pycelle and Kevan just when the white dove appears on the window sill to ring in Winter.

I'm hoping we'll get a brief teaser of the Night's King and the WW too.

Obviously
    Benjen's potential return is the big reveal if it's true
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    What if the confession is at the beginning of the episode and at some point, word travels to Dorne. Mycraella (sp?) has been outed as having no stronger claim to the throne than Gendry. This is what might lead to a double cross in a convincing manner.

Good observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Tyrion takes the place of Quentyn Martell, with the other two dragons :p

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Benjen is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Would be cool if Benjin was coldhands or something. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's only mentioned in the episode and shown in the preview to remind people what he looks like.

Would be expecting a white raven to signal winter coming but there was one already in season 2 (could have been for autumn though)

The beginning of the finale promo shows a figure overlooking Moat cailin from a distance. LS anyone ?

I see what you mean.

You could also interpret the title of the episode 'Mother's Mercy' as Lady Stoneheart related as well as the Faith.

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here, I'm not saying I believe she'll appear :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not mine, but:

OPEN in Stannis’s camp. The snow has begun to melt. Stannis prepares his men for a siege. Melisandre is revealed to have caused the fires; Ramsay’s twenty good men are still on their way. Stannis sends Melisandre back to Castle Black.

CUT TO Meereen. Jorah, Tyrion and Daario sit around doing ****-all. The city is breaking out into chaos. Tyrion asks where the other dragons are.

CUT TO Balon walking on a bridge.

CUT TO the Wall. Jon walks around among the Wildlings and notices he recognizes one of them – it’s Benjen, who went undercover like Jon had, and ended up siding with the Wildings after witnessing the danger of the White Walkers. He hints strongly at R+L=J and winks at the camera. Olly stares at Jon angrily.

CUT TO Dorne. Jaime and Bronn are leaving with Myrcella and Trystane, under Areo’s guard. Suddenly, the Sand Snakes attack. Bronn switches sides because of Tyene’s tits. Areo Hotah kills everyone except the Sand Snakes, ironically.

CUT TO King’s Landing. Cersei confesses and is told she must do the Walk. She accepts.

CUT TO Meereen. Jorah, Tyrion and Daario enter the dragon pits to release the dragons. Jorah and Daario get burned. Daario with his dying breath reveals that he is actually Benjen.

CUT TO Balon is still walking on a bridge.

CUT TO the Wall. Davos arrives and tells Jon about Shireen’s burning, and also about Sansa. Jon decides to send aid to Stannis despite also hating Stannis. Olly stares at Jon angrily.

CUT TO outside the Wall. From the forest, the Night’s King watches… with his compatriot, White Walker Benjen.

CUT TO the Dothraki Sea. Dany pukes in the grass for ten minutes. D&D discuss in the after-episode that they made the change from diarrhea to puking because creatively it made sense to them.

CUT TO Winterfell. The siege begins. Ramsay’s twenty good men begin fighting Stannis. Inside Winterfell, Sansa and Theon begin their escape plan. They encounter a hooded man. It is Benjen.

CUT TO Balon is taking a nap on the bridge.

CUT TO the Wall. Mel arrives at the Wall. Jon goes to the stable to ride to Winterfell. His horse reveals itself as Benjen. Olly stares at Jon angrily.

CUT TO King’s Landing. Cersei does the Walk. Afterwards, Robert Strong is revealed. Cersei wonders who the Faith’s champion will be.

CUT TO a dark room. A new initiate is undergoing the forehead-carving ritual. The High Sparrow talks with the initiate, explaining the situation to him. The initiate sits up, and we see it is Sander Clegane with “HYPE” carved into his forehead.

CUT TO Dorne. Doran has Ellaria executed, but not before explaining his true plan to her. He says he knows of a living Targaryen who he can support for the throne. Benjen reveals himself, and explains R+L=J.

CUT TO While napping, Balon rolls off the bridge and dies.

CUT TO Winterfell. Sansa, Benjen and Theon escape after screwing Myranda (with the corkscrew, of course). Brienne challenges Stannis as Ramsay does the same. A Mexican standoff occurs. All three suddenly have a heart attack and die. Sansa is proclaimed Queen in the North.

CUT TO a long shot of Moat Cailin because it was in the trailer and we haven’t seen it yet.

CUT TO Braavos. Arya seduces and kills Meryn Trant and then goes to kill the Thin Man. Jaqen gives her a drink which makes her go blind, but also promotes her.

CUT TO King’s Landing. Varys appears and crossbows everyone. He then monologues about Dany.

CUT TO the Wall. Olly, Alliser Thorne, and both Benjens stab the **** out of Jon. Jon wargs into Ghost as Melisandre resurrects his body by burning Olly. Resurrected-Jon and Ghost-Jon duel for supremacy.

CUT TO Yara hears of her father’s narcoleptic demise. She looks over the horizon and sees some ships arriving. At the helm of the foremost ship is Benjen.

CUT TO a forest. A man in Frey armor is wandering around. He gets kidnapped by the Brotherhood and hung, but not before being introduced to “Lady Lysa’s Sister”.

• Advertisement

Do you what I would absolutely love to see? Tyrion going down to the pits and the dragons attacking everyone but Tyrion (kind of like how Drogon roared at Dany), somehow recognising that he's a Targaryen(if the theory is true, of course). That'd be pretty cool.

I'm losing it, aren't I? :o

Advertisement