Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are the now? / Season 6

• 15-06-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Two of my favorite characters from the book the Blackfish and the Greatjon really haven't had an impact on the show of late.

Love to see them back next season. I understand with the Greatjon it was Clive Mantel's schedule that caused the problem. IMO he was a big loss to the Red Wedding scene.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think most people will be a little more concerned about a few of the other characters than those two going in to season 6 to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Surely those guys became fairly irrelevant after the red wedding?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well I can only share what I remember from the books regarding them:
    They have been pretty much missing there as well the whole time; they might get a one line reference about being on the run or hostage but nothing more. So I'd not hold up to much hope for season six to change this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I think most people will be a little more concerned about a few of the other characters than those two going in to season 6 to be fair.

Your face will be red when the Greatjon ascends atop the Iron Throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mormegil

Well in the show Rickon Stark and Osha headed to the Umbers (unlike the book) when they split from Bran and the Reeds and I believe it's been stated by Brian Cogman that the Greatjon wasn't at the Red Wedding in the show.

So it's entirely possible that Great Jon Umber will appear again in the show at some point with Rickon Stark in tow.

The Blackfish I can see turning up as well.
    Walder Frey is supposedly back next season so we are returning to the Riverlands for at least one plotline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement