Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Q/F Draw - 16/03/12 @ 10:30am

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

yes he often speaks of his fondness and love of Utd :rolleyes:

He wouldnt like it there - no money and only one cinema.
    And he's have to sit behind Tevez and his kids making all th enoise and throwing popcorn around ;)

It's a WELL KNOWN fact fergie and jose are good mates, they;ve had numerous press releases stating this and how fergie has talked about jose's passion to return to english football, he wants the united job.

Do a little donkey work before you shoot down something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Samich wrote: »
    Apoel won't get through. End of.

There you are spoiling my party, was just thinking about putting a few quid on them ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

OM need to scrape together a few quid or some more compromising photos of Ribéry to help them past Bayern I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

is that the Belgian international with the Fellaini style afro? if so yes hes a great player.

you weren't sure what he looked like yet you've seen him enough to know he's a great player? interesting one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

OM need to scrape together a few quid or some more compromising photos of Ribéry to help them past Bayern I reckon.

They are struggling in France, and they were fortunate to play another team struggling domestically in the last round. I think they will exit at this stage.

Really looking forward to Milan-Barcelona, in particular. I can see Benfica winning at home, but can they do enough at the Bridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

jive wrote: »
    you weren't sure what he looked like yet you've seen him enough to know he's a great player? interesting one

Yes he did, just didn't know his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

As long as Chelsea get knocked out, I will be happy.

Barcelona V Madrid final looking likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nothing would make me sick to my stomach then seeing Terry lift CL trophy.

If Barca do get over Milan, and Chelsea get through, I hope it's cricket score in both games with bit of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Meelan - Chelsea on maniacal revenge - Madrid

Not the easiest of pathways through for the champions..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's the worst possible draw for Milan, hopefully we can get a lucky 1-0 or 0-0 at home and a sneaky away goal draw in Barcelona, we would be very lucky.

The main worry is, as has been the case for the last 3 seasons, at left back, Zambrotta isn't quick enough, Antonini offers nothing oing forward and has brain farts (and is naturally right footed) and Mesbah, while great going forward and very quick, is a bit suspect defensively.

If Zambrotta plays and has the best two games of his life, we have a good chance, if Antonini plays and concentrates for the whole 180 minutes, we might get lucky, is Mesbah plays, I'd be worried about Sanchez making ****e of him.

Positives though, we beat Barca and we have the easier of the semi's.

I hope we can make it to the semi's, and Chelsea fall apart against Benfica, Bayern somehow turn over Real and then in a one off game, anything can happen.

I'd actually be pretty confident of a good display against Bayern, Real would be a lot tougher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

dfx- wrote: »
    Meelan - Chelsea on maniacal revenge - Madrid

Not the easiest of pathways through for the champions..

I'm happy with it. Should get to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It's a WELL KNOWN fact fergie and jose are good mates, they;ve had numerous press releases stating this and how fergie has talked about jose's passion to return to english football, he wants the united job.

Do a little donkey work before you shoot down something.

Ok Genius, why dont YOU back youself up, after all you were the one to post unsubstantiated self opinion!

Cos all my google can find is "Sun" quotes.
    Of course you are a close personal friend or can find an online tv interview where he professes this deep rooted desire to manage a club in the north of england thats deep in debt, as he's obviously going to break a habit of a lifetime and NOT spend at least 100 million on new players ;)

All he ever talks about his love for Chelsea, doesnt mean he's going to manage them either!

HEE HAW! :D

Advertisement