Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trition T90xr Hot & Cold

Options
  • 30-06-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully a simple answer.

My Triton t90xr shower, seems to have a mind of its own lately.

you set it to the temp you want, but half way through the shower it will either go freezing cole or roasting hot. without even moving the settings on it.

Any idea on how to fix this ? cost ?

It's about 2 years old only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

clint123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hopefully a simple answer.

My Triton t90xr shower, seems to have a mind of its own lately.

you set it to the temp you want, but half way through the shower it will either go freezing cole or roasting hot. without even moving the settings on it.

Any idea on how to fix this ? cost ?

It's about 2 years old only.

First of they haven't made the triton t90xr since 2011 sorry if guessing is more than 2 years old.

RRight down to business. When a electric shower goes hot & cold it means that there is a restriction in the flow of the water going through the shower. Filter could be blocked, shower head blocked, valve partly closed, kink inside the shower hose or heating can / element caked with limescale.

SStart with the easiest ones first.

Take offer the shower head & run the shower. If temperature is working then it is the head. Descale or replace the head (buy genuine Triton head)

Run without the shower hose. If works ok then it is the hose. Replace the hose.

There is a filter inside the shower. Try cleaning this. Obviously turn power off before you remove any cover.

Make sure that the valve is fully open.

If all this fails call a quality dedicated shower repair company. They will replace the heating can /element for around €150.

I'm betting you live in a bad limescale area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If all this fails call a quality dedicated shower repair company. They will replace the heating can /element for around €150.

What would be max age of shower to justify doing a repair like this?

What would be max age of shower to justify doing a repair like this?

The average lifespan of an electric shower is 10 years. I have seen 25 year old ones in oap's houses & if seen showers needing replacement after only 4 years. But 10 is average.

So if it was me I'd spend up to €150 on repairs on a shower 5 or 6 Years old. Anything older I'd suggest replacement but a lot of people don't have the cash for replacement. Some clients would have to opt for the repair on older showers.

Having said that I do believe op will sort out the problem himself. My money is on shower head or filter

So if it was me I'd spend up to €150 on repairs on a shower 5 or 6 Years old. Anything older I'd suggest replacement but a lot of people don't have the cash for replacement. Some clients would have to opt for the repair on older showers.

I guess how much road it has done too i.e if you see wear on the armature of the pump motor.

I guess how much road it has done too i.e if you see wear on the armature of the pump motor.

Believe it or not I wouldn't be worried about the armature (although it can give you an idea on how much use the shower had) . At least not in a triton or mira shower. The bearings are much more likely to fail. You can often get 3 full sets of brushes use out of one of these pumps.

UUnfortunately for me showers are so cheap (B&Q selling triton t90z for €200 is cost price for them). People would be much more likely to pay me to repair their shower if they cost €300 to buy. ☺

• Advertisement

UUnfortunately for me showers are so cheap (B&Q selling triton t90z for €200 is cost price for them)..

Are they selling to the public for €200?

Are they selling to the public for €200?

Last weekend €200. Woodies for the month of June €210. I buy them by the dozen & pay more than that in the suppliers. B&Q are back to €250 & I think from tomorrow Woodies are full price.
    As I say who wants to have their shower repaired when showers are that cheap.

As I say who wants to have their shower repaired when showers are that cheap.

That was massive value, were your plumbing merchants able to beat those prices or even compete?

That was massive value, were your plumbing merchants able to beat those prices or even compete?

Triton sell to all of these places at the same price. They get a shower for around €200 so if they sell them on at that price they are not making any profit. They are hoping you'll buy over priced cable, pull cord & qualpex at the same time to make a profit.

I tend to stick with my own suppliers even though they could never be that cheap. If I fit a triton t90z & the solenoid is dripping or the Tco doesn't work (it can happen even in new showers) I replace the part myself there & then. My suppliers will replace the parts to me. This means the householders have a new working shower that day instead of waiting a week for triton to fix the new shower. I think this service is worth paying the extra.

I tend to stick with my own suppliers even though they could never be that cheap. If I fit a triton t90z & the solenoid is dripping or the Tco doesn't work (it can happen even in new showers) I replace the part myself there & then. My suppliers will replace the parts to me. This means the householders have a new working shower that day instead of waiting a week for triton to fix the new shower. I think this service is worth paying the extra.

I was often in that case and the home owner had to wait, it often delayed getting payment for job and took the excitement of having a new shower for the home owner.

• Advertisement

I was often in that case and the home owner had to wait, it often delayed getting payment for job and took the excitement of having a new shower for the home owner.

Oh it's a horrible situation. The homeowner doesn't have the confidence in the new shower that they should have.

No I much prefer things the way I have them set up.

Advertisement