Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. My immersion is not working this happened two weeks ago and the plumber fixed it in a second there are two "boxes" where cables go into in the hot press one on the top and one on the bottom he said they had both tripped. I reckon this has happened again , I have opened up these now and I cannot see where the " trip switch" is. I see a red button with - on one side and + on the other. Can anyone steer me please ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

The_fever wrote: »
    Hi, I am hoping someone can help. My immersion is not working this happened two weeks ago and the plumber fixed it in a second there are two "boxes" where cables go into in the hot press one on the top and one on the bottom he said they had both tripped. I reckon this has happened again , I have opened up these now and I cannot see where the " trip switch" is. I see a red button with - on one side and + on the other. Can anyone steer me please ?

Thanks

Here is picture I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

The_fever wrote: »
    Here is picture I hope

On that stat if you rub your finger across the top of it you will feel a raised dot or you might be able to see it push this down and that resets immersion.
    If this is the second time this has tripped as it's a overheat stat it needs to be checked why is it tripping the working stat may be fecked.My advice is to get it checked out by a spark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

Thanks Robbie that did it. Appreciate your message so will the whole house in the morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Little old lady (87) lives around the corner from me. I have to go around every few weeks to reset her immersion. It's an insulated cylinder & the only heat that escapes is around this area. I keep telling her not to but she keeps putting towels over it.

DDoes anyone have a solution for an 87 year old lady! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Little old lady (87) lives around the corner from me. I have to go around every few weeks to reset her immersion. It's an insulated cylinder & the only heat that escapes is around this area. I keep telling her not to but she keeps putting towels over it.

Does anyone have a solution for an 87 year old lady! Lol

I'd start by fitting a new thermostat, as its obvious there is a problem with the one thats there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

K.Flyer wrote: »
    I'd start by fitting a new thermostat, as its obvious there is a problem with the one thats there.

Thermostat is fine. When she covers the immersion top with towels she overheats it & the immersion needs to be reset. Like most old people she never turns it off. Even if she brought to the country for a few weeks she leaves it on.

Advertisement