Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer UK --> Ireland

Options
  • 15-10-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

I need to get money transfered from the UK fairly quickly, i'm just wondering can you transfer money from a UK bank account to an irish bank account, and if you can can it be done quickly??

Cheers

Vinny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

go to/talk to the bank that you want to move the cash from and ask them for an IBAN transfer form. Fill this out (and get the receiving banks IBAN no..just ask they should know) and send it to the bank you are moving cash from . This will cost around about 10eur and should happen fairly quickly. think in the region of a few days.....assuming you are talking about 2 banks in EU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

A euro transfer within the EU only costs 45cent. I'm not sure if this applies to the UK, but probably not.
    I've sent cash to Germany using this method quite successfully in the past.
    The only caveat is that the form gets sent to the branch where your account is held to be processed so if you're in a hurry go to your local branch to save another 2 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

VinnyL wrote:
    I need to get money transfered from the UK fairly quickly, i'm just wondering can you transfer money from a UK bank account to an irish bank account, and if you can can it be done quickly??

Cheers

Vinny

I worked in UK for a couple of years, and needed now and then to send some cash back to cover some bills at home. Id ring the bank up, and ask them to transfer. Bank of ireland uk would transfer over phone. If u needed to send more thank 5k you would have to send them a signed fax.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

you can ring up the two banks and get the IBAN and swiftcode numbers straight away with no hassle.

then you into your bank and send a telex. 50c if you have both numbers. €30+ without the iban. and simply cant be done without the swiftcode.

im almost sure its 50c worldwide. FYI: australia have no IBANs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brinepacer

Can i ask if there's anything changed in the last four years on this? I'm opening a UK bank account tomorrow and wondering which is the best bank for sending money to my BOI ireland account to pay approx e400 of bills a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Ask Bank of Ireland do they have any agency agreements with any particular UK banks? That way, the transfer might be quicker, and should not be subject to additional agent bank charges (i.e. smaller UK bank needs to make a payment to a larger UK bank to pay BOI, the middle bank has to charge someone for their processing, or else UK bank pays their Irish agent bank (could be Ulster/AIB), who in turn have an additional charge to pay onto BOI).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

Feidhlim wrote: »
    you can ring up the two banks and get the IBAN and swiftcode numbers straight away with no hassle.

Just to add to this....a general fyi as sometimes it can be hard to get the branch to answer the phone and if it helps - IBAN and Swift or BIC will be found on the header of bank statements. this is the info you will need to complete the transfer

Advertisement