Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teacher's avc's

Options
  • 17-01-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm a 30 year old teacher wishing to start avc's. I'm wondering at my age how much should i contribute each month. Thanks!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Andymfinancial

depends on a number of factors including age, how long you have been in the main scheme and salary. Also look at whether AVC is the best option. You may be better off paying extra into the main pension scheme. If you go AVC route then make sure you go to a broker. The charging structures on Cornmarket AVC's is in my experience very very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Like the previous post said it depends on a number of factors. I'm a 31 year old teacher and took one out two years ago. It depends on how many years you have been teaching, what age you will be when you can retire on a full pension and what age you want to retire.

Cornmarket are linked to ASTI and Marsh to TUI

Advertisement