Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order to Pay from Injuries Board

Options
  • 18-01-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Simple question. When the Injuries Board issues an order to pay to the Respondant how long do they have to pay?

I'd be expecting 28 days or something along those lines but just want to be sure.

I've searched their website and this forum and can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Random wrote: »

Thanks but that is the time the Respondent has to accept the assessment of the board i.e. they have 21 days to accept the Boards verdict.

Once they accept the assessment they are issued with an 'order to pay'. I'm wondering how long they have to pay this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

My mistake, the FAQ seems to jump from assessment to order to pay and then back to assessment again. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thanks, I suppose I'll go with this for now, as the judgement has the same legal significance as a court decree:
    Respondent admits the claim

The respondent consents to judgement. Here, the respondent will only pay you when judgement is made in the Small Claims Court Office. You will not have to attend at court. The claimant swears an Affidavit of Debt and makes a request for Judgement and Decree. The Registrar will assist the claimant in this procedure. The Registrar will notify the respondent of the judgement. The respondent has 28 calendar days to comply with the judgement.

Link

Advertisement