Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'm liking all this transfer talk going around :)
    Good to see us linked with big names too.

A lot of people tweeting that RVP has agreed a new contract but not from any reputable sources. I really can't see him going anywhere else. I know there's not much loyalty nowadays in football but I can't see RVP leaving because of money or going to another English club. The only way I see him leaving is if one of the big guns outside of England come in with a huge bid and Arsenal accepting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think I now believe this M'Vila stuff.

HOLY **** :eek::eek:

gosplan wrote: »

Same as myself :pac: I said a week or so ago that I'm waiting till it is confirmed by Arsenal or M'Vila till I get excited so I'm sticking to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Redzer7 wrote: »
    gosplan wrote: »

Same as myself :pac: I said a week or so ago that I'm waiting till it is confirmed by Arsenal or M'Vila till I get excited so I'm sticking to that!

Ys have to wait another week then
    Go on get excited now
    Go on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I bet RVP okayed the deal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

HazDanz wrote: »
    I completly disagree. Anyone who wants to win titles and to be competing for the champions league would cry out for a chance to play for the most succesful club in english football for the past twenty years.

Granted they are not as strong now as they used to be but Sir Alex is not a fool and will be correcting things in the near future as he has always done with his teams when in transition.

Pogba comes across as a bit of a money grabber to me so I wouldn't pay too much attention to him.

Oh don't get me wrong. Most players would still pick Utd over a lot other team(phil jones being an example) but I do feel like their star is waning just a little bit. Rooney handing in a transfer request last year, fergies age and the glaziers debt being some reasons. They are still huge obviously tho
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think he's out of contract now, but I couldnt see Fergie sticking with him. Say what you want about Fergie, he doesnt take any crap from anyone. To me, it seems like Pogba ended his United career when he decided to dick about with his contract offer.

As much as I dislike Utd, I have massive respect for fergie with the take no **** attitude. Wenger could do with a bit of his ruthless streak. Look at what he did to stam! Got rid of him neary over night I think!
    Lot of media outlets in France saying the mvila deal is done and will be announced next week

That deal is def done, one or two more and were set for a good season I reckon

I'm getting excited:D

Have we any French League experts on here?
    How good is M'Vila? I can admit I haven't seen much of him so only going on reports really.
    Is he really as good as people are saying?
    Sounds like a bit of a wild cannon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

If the transfer talk is true, then it looks like Wenger is finally trying to invest in some quality!
    M'Vila and talk we have a bid for Kagawa in which has been accepted (Though I expect him to go to Utd if they decide they want him, but think he is the type of player we could do with as we never really replaced Cesc/Nasri in the AM role)
    Along with Podolski they'd be 2 major signings, if we got a versatile defender I'd be happy with that for a transfer window!

If to say we somehow did pull off those 2 transfers I mentioned first, how would we line up in CM?
    We'd have: M'Vila, Kagawa, Wilshere, Arteta, Song, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby, Coquelin & Frimpong all capable..

That's a fair bit of depth! (And not counting Denilson, assume he'll be gone).
    Jesus that looks good actually :P Feels a bit Football Manager though, doubt we'll have these options at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Have we any French League experts on here?
    How good is M'Vila? I can admit I haven't seen much of him so only going on reports really.
    Is he really as good as people are saying?
    Sounds like a bit of a wild cannon too.

I can't resist. I'm like a broken record. He's excellent. He could be the missing piece for Arsenal.

amiable wrote: »
    I can't resist. I'm like a broken record. He's excellent. He could be the missing piece for Arsenal.
    God I hope so, gonna take a lot next season to take City off their throne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

Looks like RVP has doubts about us winning anything next year and he wants assurance that we canLink here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

We can take them 11 v 11 on our day... It's when we head to fulham away in the middle of december is where problems arise for us.

A few new players and an improved mentality who knows what will happen next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Looks like RVP has doubts about us winning anything next year and he wants assurance that we canLink here

Same sh*te every year.

"Wenger faces the fight of his life to try to convince Fabregas to stay."

"Wenger faces the fight of his life to try to convince Nasri to stay."

"Wenger faces the fight of his life to try to convince Van Persie to stay."

It's tiring.

Shíte journalism again.

"Hey I've nothing to write about, I know what I'll do. Grab a coffee and write about Van Persie wanting to leave Arsenal because of the obvious reason that they're not winning trophies and I'll include clubs that are willing to pay the fee like City and United."

Fúck all quotes and all of it's based on what could happen but it's 50/50 the other way. Wouldn't read to much into it until I see quotes from Van Persie himself.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    He speaks the truth though, that's the only reason it HURTS.

He has been a pure passenger for City the second half of this season. To be quite frank and honest he is talking about 'going to City to win trophies' they were one minute away from winning nothing and despite all the money spent they needed the last minute on the last day of the season to snatch the title from United against a club fighting relegation. City are welcome to have money grabbing passengers like him while we sharpen the blade to put the all money one hit wonders back in their box next season. They might be a rich club but they certainly aren't a BIG club.

Samir thinks he is too good for Arsenal but Mr Nasri, hear this, when Barcelona lost to Arsenal at the Emirates last year both Xavi and Iniesta fought over Jack Wilshere's shirt, and not yours.

They are very lucky to be sitting on it right now to be honest.

They are very lucky to be sitting on it right now to be honest.

It's not even about this season though IMO.
    Man City are now Champions of England and I fully expect them to dominate many of the domestic or European competitions for many years to come.
    Who wouldn't with that sort of money.

Albeit it came down to goal difference but I expect them to do better next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just let Usmanov give Wenger a blank cheque and we should be good to go :Dnever gona happen

It's not even about this season though IMO.
    Man City are now Champions of England and I fully expect them to dominate many of the domestic or European competitions for many years to come.
    Who wouldn't with that sort of money.

Albeit it came down to goal difference but I expect them to do better next season.

In the short term they could make hay alright but financial fair play will have to kick in at some stage. They exploited a loophole with the stadium naming rights being sold to Etihad but that loophole will closed sooner or later and then where will they be? i mean i doubt platini would like to see (god forbid) an English club reaping the benefits of a foreign owner and having a monopoly in the game

F*ck em, Good luck to them on their win and all but would i rather support a club out to buy its 4th title? or a club who have earned all 13 of theirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I don't think we'll get M'Vila or Kagawa tbh but if we did that would be an absolutely stellar summer, especially if we could get in another striker. Throw in a cheap experienced backup keeper, get rid of the dross, promote some youth and hopefully hold onto RVP and we have a fantastic looking squad next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He has been a pure passenger for City the second half of this season. To be quite frank and honest he is talking about 'going to City to win trophies' they were one minute away from winning nothing and despite all the money spent they needed the last minute on the last day of the season to snatch the title from United against a club fighting relegation. City are welcome to have money grabbing passengers like him while we sharpen the blade to put the all money one hit wonders back in their box next season. They might be a rich club but they certainly aren't a BIG club.

Samir thinks he is too good for Arsenal but Mr Nasri, hear this, when Barcelona lost to Arsenal at the Emirates last year both Xavi and Iniesta fought over Jack Wilshere's shirt, and not yours.

Good point about Wilshere but Nasri has not been a passneger at City. Passengers there end up on the bench or out of the team altogether. Adam Johnson has not been able to get a game for the second half of the season. if nasri wasn't performing to Mancini's standards he would not be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He's very good at the DMF part of what he does and doesn't try to do a whole lot more. :D

Basically, he's crap around the box and doesn't even try to score really. I'm sure Wenger will have him taking on two guys on the edge of his own penalty area in no time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

He's far from a passenger at City. Agree with you about him being a 'money grabber' but in reality, in his 1st season at City, he won a trophy, regardless of how/against who. Give City a season or two and they will be imo, one of the best sides in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

1mcampo1 wrote: »
    He's far from a passenger at City. Agree with you about him being a 'money grabber' but in reality, in his 1st season at City, he won a trophy, regardless of how/against who. Give City a season or two and they will be imo, one of the best sides in the world

Of course they will because they'll have bought up any player of consequense in 2 years. As for na$ri he wasn't a passenger but he'd have got more game time with Arsenal or United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Of course they will because they'll have bought up any player of consequense in 2 years. As for na$ri he wasn't a passenger but he'd have got more game time with Arsenal or United.

He may have gotten more minutes for Arsenal/Utd but as it turned out, he got more trophies at City than if he was at Arsenal/Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

RVP signed yet or been sold yet?

I'd say RVP is looking for assurances that we add to our quality to really challenge next season, so he probably won't sign (or we won't hear about him signing) until another few additions are made (M'Vila & kagawa hopefully). I Wouldn't say money (wages) is much of an issue.
    This is the reason we are seeing signings so early on (Wenger usually waits until the end of August)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RVP signed yet or been sold yet?

Only going by the gossip columns, but apparently talks didn't go well and both City and Man U are ready to offer him 250 grand a week.

Not sure whether to believe it or not, but tbh, when rumours like that start flying around about an arsenal player they usually don't stay an arsenal player for long. would be sickened if he moved to either of those clubs.

Dortmund after bendy boots
    That give us kawaga we give them him
    Everyone is happy :)

If Carlsberg did transfers... :pac:

• Advertisement

Result !!

Wilshere to have minor knee op, nothing major

Sweet lord

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sweet lord

ffs, i literally only read yesterday wuotes from him saying his ankle is fine and he can't wati to join up in the team in pre-season. :mad:

Mickeroo wrote: »

Sweet lord

ffs, i literally only read yesterday wuotes from him saying his ankle is fine and he can't wati to join up in the team in pre-season. :mad:

It might be as minor as tendinitis, but still
    Really hope it's just a cover up to get him out of the Olympics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lol, we'll see him next April so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭batistuta9

did anyone ever hear anything again about wilshere not going to be able to play again because of his bones?

somebody posted about it in here not too long ago

edit: is the new jersey out in the shops here yet?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    did anyone ever hear anything again about wilshere not going to be able to play again because of his bones?

Yeah I seen that posted here a few days ago too, not sure who posted it.

batistuta9 wrote: »

No, but you can pre order from the arsenal website

A few bloggers saying we have agreed personal terms with Suarez all depends if he can get a work permit

Don't no how legit the sources are though we were sniffing around before

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only going by the gossip columns, but apparently talks didn't go well and both City and Man U are ready to offer him 250 grand a week.

Not sure whether to believe it or not, but tbh, when rumours like that start flying around about an arsenal player they usually don't stay an arsenal player for long. would be sickened if he moved to either of those clubs.

Well if i was Wenger i would tell him u got till end of the month to sign for us and if not then we are selling you. simple as that. Wenger and arsenal cant wait till end of August before RVP decides. matter of fact they should have threated him and told him if u dont sign yesterday your on the transfer list.

RVP has had a whole season to think about signing for us. everythings settled. we are in the CL for another year. finished a decent position of 3rd in the league etc etc so what is he waiting for? new signings? New signings can take a few weeks/months to happen. we have already got podolski. We simply cannot wait on RVP. either he signs now or we sell him. simple as that

• Advertisement

Yeah I seen that posted here a few days ago too, not sure who posted it.

it was me who posted it

No, but you can pre order from the arsenal website

that's right, i thought it was actually out. 7th june it released going by the site, wonder how soon they'd have it here though?

£5 postage to ireland & either £45 ss or £50 ls for the jerseys, that's still cheaper than what people are saying jerseys cost here now - €75

if i get 1 it'll be the long sleeve, it looks far better. still want to see it in real life though

it was me who posted it

and...

where did you see/hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I think as RVP has gotten older he has gotten more mature and more settled. I think he needs the stability of Arsenal in his life, he needs to belong to a club more than just play for a club. I wonder if Bergkamp has advised him on any of this.
    Looking at his personal life outside of football, I dont think it would be a good idea for him to move clubs and go somewhere else with all the ensuing circus. He has the potential to lose hte run of himself.
    You see alot of players move in their prime and things start happening off the field and they get distracted lose form, pick up knocks etc...
    I hope he signs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Well if i was Wenger i would tell him u got till end of the month to sign for us and if not then we are selling you. simple as that. Wenger and arsenal cant wait till end of August before RVP decides. matter of fact they should have threated him and told him if u dont sign yesterday your on the transfer list.

RVP has had a whole season to think about signing for us. everythings settled. we are in the CL for another year. finished a decent position of 3rd in the league etc etc so what is he waiting for? new signings? New signings can take a few weeks/months to happen. we have already got podolski. We simply cannot wait on RVP. either he signs now or we sell him. simple as that

It's been made clear we aren't selling him either way.

Given his injury history I think the player would be taking the bigger risk going into his last season without any sort of insurance.If he gets another one of his 9 month injurys next season the offers on the table by then might not be anything like what he is being offered right now.

That's why I think he will sign.

Park omitted from South Korea's World Cup qualifier squad.
    Link here.

City eyeing up a late bid for mvila

Link here.

feel sorry for the lad, probably still be captain if he had stayed in france.

Link here.

You have to feel sorry for him. What a dream move this turned out to be ! I bet he wishes he signed for Lille and told Arsene to get lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

City eyeing up a late bid for mvila

Uuggh i feared they'd become the milan of the early 90's, and it looks like they are, bidding for players so other clubs can't have them or to drive up the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement