Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go?

Options
  • 19-02-2011 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello gents. I am looking for some good ideas for a date. I've been going out with this girl for a while now but we just do the same oul' sh1te, eating out etc. I really feel I have to up my game.

Wednesday evenings are the only times we have to do anything due to work. I've been racking my brains and I really can't think of anything decent to do. Dublin city centre is where it's at. Anyone know anywhere that does some good live music or any other suggestions. T'would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Your post might be better suited to the Dublin City forum.

You don't seem to have mentioned anything you guys like, or maybe one of you likes and the other could have a go. To that end we could lob suggestions all day and be met with nothing. Give something to go on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Comedy shows, gigs, art shows if either of you are interested in that. Go and try eat in restaurants that do food neither of you have yet to try. Save for that, cook at one of your houses/apartments for each other. You'll always hit a point where you've exhausted the usual dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Teach her how to play pool. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ice skating in South Circular Road

Roller Skating on the Naas Road

Theatre shows in town.

Comedy club in the International

Shopping late followed by dinner

Film institute and dinner

Gosh loads of stuff if I lived in town I'd never want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

depends on the kind of music you are into. i'd recommend the porterhouse on parliament st. drink is a bit expensive in there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

New Grand Canal Theatre is impressive from both outside and inside.

There's a Boat docked near the new conference centre on the liffey that's a bar/restaurant...

Big Wheel at O2?

Book a concert if there's any on at the Iveagh Gardens...specially if there's anything on over the Summer..lovely setting outdoors...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Try the Dublin Ghost Bus tour, before the evenings start to get brighter. It's a nice change to doing "normal" stuff. Dinner/drinks before or afterwards rounds off a nice evening. I know it's kinda damp and cold at the moment but it's still worth the trip as long as it's not lashing out (you get off the bus twice during the trip).

It lasts about 2 hours. Though I see it's gone even more expensive now €28 p.p. although you do get a 20% discount for booking online.

http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/ghostbus.aspx

Advertisement