Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF??!!!? - The 'What The F*ck' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Reckon the cab would have protected him from fatal injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Reckon the cab would have protected him from fatal injuries.
    I dunno. A lot of stuff fell on him that could have entered the cab. Plus it got pushed on it's side.

It's insane that this happened. He barely even touched one rack and they all fell like dominos. Whatever company cheaped out on racks has paid a huge price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Japanese man is attacked by inoshishi (Japanese wild boar) while on his way to a train station.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Where is Obelix when you need him?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

501557.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

501426.jpg

Poor thing... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I dunno. A lot of stuff fell on him that could have entered the cab. Plus it got pushed on it's side.

It's insane that this happened. He barely even touched one rack and they all fell like dominos. Whatever company cheaped out on racks has paid a huge price.

All racking is like that, not just cheap stuff. Give it a tip in the wrong place and down she comes.

He would have done well to stay in the cab with the amount of stuff that fell in on top of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

When the trainer conditions himself to get a treat for good training
    InfatuatedAdeptKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Why you should leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front!

https://www.facebook.com/917001275017526/videos/1036052989910661/

For those who can't see it, it shows a line of HGVs that have concertinaed into each other and all the cabs are crushed flat! :eek:

I dread to think how many killed, but certain death for most!

edit: more info here
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2174000/3-killed-28-truck-pile-central-china-highway-during-thick-fog

Why you should leave a gap between you and the vehicle in front!
    I've just upgraded from a bike to a scooter and completed my IBT. While doing my training my instructor was in a car in front and he communicated to me by headset. One of the things he kept saying to me was to keep close to him in case we got separated by traffic but if we got separated, he would wait for me.

I couldn't stay very close to him and after our first session on the road he noted that I was keeping a distance but said that with experience I would get over this. I have to say that with experience my confidence is getting better in all aspects of my riding but I'm still very vary of driving too close behind other road users.

Maybe I'll become a seasoned tailgater in the future, but it's things like this that scare the sh!t out of me and I'll be keeping a healthy distance between me and the vehicle in front.

That video is seriously wtf though. Some of those cabs are squished like they were paper. The article says the conditions were foggy and they were clearly driving too fast. Speed + mass = destruction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

^^^ Think of the adrenaline rush though! :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

That's insane, hanging for over a min for most people is near impossible and he was mostly hanging with one hand while moving through the air, vice grip, no wonder he torn his bicep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That's insane, hanging for over a min for most people is near impossible and he was mostly hanging with one hand while moving through the air, vice grip, no wonder he torn his bicep

The alternative was ever so slightly worse.

I was waiting for one of them to get a dislocated shoulder :eek: Why didn't the judges stop that? :mad::(

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I was waiting for one of them to get a dislocated shoulder :eek: Why didn't the judges stop that? :mad::(

Luckily infants bones are not developed and are like jelly at that age. Pure nope though! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The strength:weight ratio is also much lower for an infant than an adult. Jerk an adult upwards with one arm and they're much more likely to dislocate than an infant because their body is so much heavier.

Still though, can't say I'd trust myself to do acrobatics with a baby, especially under pressure on stage.

That's the cookie policy of that site. You can click on the button to accept it, but I still haven't figured out how to reject it and proceed anyway, or how to set your preferences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Person who posts them, who is an excellent poster, is Dutch. The videos always are either in English or have no audio. Don't see the issue

Oh yes.....

Well, i use an add on to just accept every ****ing cookie they can throw at me so i never realise first time visitors of dumpert.nl might get a surprise in Dutch.

Might be able to bypass all of that when copy\paste those links in google translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

Username is ILikeWaffles

Sounds suspiciously belgian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The answer may be obvious, or may also be answered in the comment section in Dutch, but why was the guy filming it before anything happened? What was he actually filming? There may be a logical reason, but it just makes it look staged.

Wilberto wrote: »
    The answer may be obvious, or may also be answered in the comment section in Dutch, but why was the guy filming it before anything happened? What was he actually filming? There may be a logical reason, but it just makes it look staged.

I think it is just someone recording a computer monitor with his phone and not a live event:

31670ede04d3e621a9e2c0ebe47a4552.png

Clip is still to fresh to have links with more info in the comments.
    Only 1 link in the comments but unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

It’s someone filming the cctv footage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

It's a CCTV system, and the video we say was someone pointing their phone/camera at the CCTV monitor during playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a CCTV system, and the video we say was someone pointing their phone/camera at the CCTV monitor during playback.
    You get this a lot now, mainly because filming the screen with your phone is easier than extracting the video from the DVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

New Home wrote: »
    That's the cookie policy of that site. You can click on the button to accept it, but I still haven't figured out how to reject it and proceed anyway, or how to set your preferences.

Open in an incognito window, accept policy but no cookie saved when window closed. I'd say you could be a while looking for preferences. I have a distrust of that site.

Advertisement