Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Wilberto wrote: »
    :(:(

I know... she was great, wasn't she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭josip

New Home wrote: »
    Transit of Earth and Moon as seen from Mars.
    WJbzPHM.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/WJbzPHM.mp4

Fake, assuming Wikipedia is correct?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transit_of_Earth_from_Mars

Last one was in 1984, next one in 2084

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bootup wrote: »
    gGYVouE.jpg
    Simply incorrect. YYYY-MM-DD is the best!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Simply incorrect. YYYY-MM-DD is the best!

latest?cb=20131006224832

^^^^^
    7fe.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭tigerboon

inforfun wrote: »
    hW37NWa.jpg

68 thanks at the moment.....I'm not going to

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

All well and good, but the question wasn't "What's the right way to write a date?", it was "What's your idea of a perfect date?", so that's a personal preference.

I have a feeling that person may have actually evaded the question, but I couldn't be certain. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

All well and good, but the question wasn't "What's the right way to write a date?", it was "What's your idea of a perfect date?", so that's a personal preference.

I have a feeling that person may have actually evaded the question, but I couldn't be certain. :pac:
    Did a mod forget they weren't in a chat thread?
    250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27.png

"Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?!"

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Next time its a group paddling new home ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

5413_b6d5.jpeg

what am i missing here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

what am i missing here?

a paddling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Tabnabs wrote: »
    q9oj5t3ykfr11.jpg

Is it terrible that I want one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,429 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

what am i missing here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crimson_Permanent_Assurance

https://vimeo.com/111458975

It's from Monty Python & The Meaning of Life

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Is it terrible that I want one of these?

Cubs fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Worztron wrote: »
    463628.jpg

I recently heard of a teacher marking a kid's(5) homework wrong because he said a picture was an alligator when the answer was crocadile

ganmo wrote: »
    I recently heard of a teacher marking a kid's(5) homework wrong because he said a picture was an alligator when the answer was crocadile

errr that is wrong...you do know they are two different things right....?

This isnt cilantro vs coriander, this is horse vs zebra.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    errr that is wrong...you do know they are two different things right....?

This isnt cilantro vs coriander, this is horse vs zebra.
    I'm sure the /sarc symbol is missing,

but if not

yes, but to a five year old (and most adults) they look the same!

Isn't that one of the purposes of school though? To teach differences. Lots of animals look alike but are different. Last time I was at a farm with my kids I heard a mother (while pointing at geese) say to her daughter 'look at the ducks'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Isn't that one of the purposes of school though? To teach differences. Lots of animals look alike but are different. Last time I was at a farm with my kids I heard a mother (while pointing at geese) say to her daughter 'look at the ducks'.

I agree - the teaching of differences can be vitally important ;)

I'm sure the /sarc symbol is missing,

but if not

yes, but to a five year old (and most adults) they look the same!

Its not missing, Im serious.

If you are going to ask kids questions and correct their answers (there is a clue there in the name of the verb btw!) then when they get it wrong you....correct them.

Perhaps the reason they look the same to "most adults" is because no one ever taught them the difference in school....

reminds me of the sheep or goat game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYlFGYwpltc

GreeBo wrote: »
    Its not missing, Im serious.

If you are going to ask kids questions and correct their answers (there is a clue there in the name of the verb btw!) then when they get it wrong you....correct them.

Perhaps the reason they look the same to "most adults" is because no one ever taught them the difference in school....

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA1MC8wNzkvb3JpZ2luYWwvYWxsaWdhdG9yLWNyb2NvZGlsZS5qcGc=

Which is which?

Coming face to face with a crocodile or an alligator, you'd see a mouth full of serrated teeth that would likely scare the bejeezus out of you.
    The two reptile groups are close relatives, so their physical similarities are expected.
    Upon closer inspection, not recommended out in the wild, you'd spot glaring differences:
    • Snout shape: Alligators have wider, U-shaped snouts, while crocodile front ends are more pointed and V-shaped.
    • Toothy grin: When their snouts are shut, crocodiles look like they're flashing a toothy grin, as the fourth tooth on each side of the lower jaw sticks up over the upper lip. For alligators, the upper jaw is wider than the lower one, so when they close their mouths, all their teeth are hidden.
    • Home base: Crocodiles tend to live in saltwater habitats, while alligators hang out in freshwater marshes and lakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Which is which?
    It depends on if you see it later or in awhile ;)

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It depends on if you see it later or in awhile ;)

Aaaaand... we've gone full circle! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Was it really a goose ?

Maybe it was an ugly ducking.

I dunno, I think they should go back and have a gander.

Maybe it was an ugly ducking.

That was a
    swan
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Thank God we had the red circles to tell us what to read...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

David O'Doherty wrote this one years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

David O'Doherty wrote this one years ago.

Louise got there first, he was a month later...
    https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/603531997265448960

https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/617020211330465793

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Damnit David, using that in the act now. Hope he's given her credit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Damnit David, using that in the act now. Hope he's given her credit!

He doesn't take credit himself though...
    https://subsaga.com/bbc/comedy/live-at-the-apollo/series-13-45-minute-versions/episode-2.html
    # Serena Williams' nickname should be Tennessee Williams. #
    0:19:480:19:54
    That's the best joke I never come up with. # I mean, it's fine.#
    0:19:540:19:57

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,674 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unless you're bald then whats he gonna go after? :rolleyes:

The poor dog, though - it's not right to make it worry so much about you!

2k5r0h.jpg

And sub-editors are also extinct!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Unless you're bald then whats he gonna go after? :rolleyes:

that's not how you do water rescues

this is how you do it

Many stories of newfies pulling people (that didn't need rescuing) out of pools and the likes cause of their instincts.

They are 'soft mouthed' dogs though which means that they can grab hold of you without hurting with teeth, GSD's....not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

wexie wrote: »
    that's not how you do water rescues

this is how you do it

Many stories of newfies pulling people (that didn't need rescuing) out of pools and the likes cause of their instincts.

They are 'soft mouthed' dogs though which means that they can grab hold of you without hurting with teeth, GSD's....not so much.

that needs the airwolf theme tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

that needs the airwolf theme tune
    http://vmashup.com/wheo8b9N (hit Replay if it doesn't autoplay)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

that needs the airwolf airwoof theme tune

FYP :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

See, to me, people like that shouldn't be allowed to own pets. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Need 2 YLYL explained

Float Double

And

fauxcohantas

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lyndsey3000

Tabnabs wrote: »
    rcjhthjykls11.jpg

Fookies :pac:

wally79 wrote: »
    Need 2 YLYL explained

Float Double

And

fauxcohantas

A double is a type of decimal number with (depending on the programming language) 15 decimal places (in C++). A float has seven decimal places.
    Programmers need to decide an appropriate format to ensure accuracy when developing software or working with databases.

fauxcohantas? No idea, sorry.

• Advertisement

wally79 wrote: »

fauxcohantas

Fauxcohontas/Pocahontas refers to Trump calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas. She claims to have native american blood, the claims seem either somewhat dubious or it's a very small amount very long ago

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45869804
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45866168

EDIT : so the faux bit refers to the claims being dubious. It's her face in the picture (presumably a picture from some movie (last of the mohicans?) that's supposed to be pocahontas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement