Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

For all we know the club met the release clause for Llorente but he didn't want to move, or we met the release clause but couldn't get the paperwork/a medical in time. Maybe the release clause was for Spanish clubs only, just as we've heard about such clauses in the past with other players in Spain.

For all the potential obstacles in the way of actually signing him at the time, it seems a bit far fetch to conclude that the only reason we didn't sign him is because we didn't want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

There was very very little time left to do anything but IIRC I was hoping for Benzema or Llorente. Neither moved anywhere so we'll never know if either were a possibility but that was the type of player I was expecting given that Suarez was already on the way. Like many, I thought at the time that we had vastly overpaid for Carroll and unfortunately it seems to have proven to be correct subsequently. The thing that bothered me the most I think though was that even with the scale of the fee, we had signed a player who was injured and wasn't going to be able to contribute straight away anyway. This made the rush of signing him that night seem particularly daft. Suarez had to potential to replace Torres' goals so I never saw the need to splash any of the £50m.

I hate even debating it any longer but still can't help doing so!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

AkLcfo_CIAIs4jg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I'm heading over tonight lads and a good omen is that in 20 years going to Anfield, we have never lost when I was there. Plenty of bad performances, but never a loss. So in saying that, 7-2 to the pool!! Bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I'm heading over tonight lads and a good omen is that in 20 years going to Anfield, we have never lost when I was there. Plenty of bad performances, but never a loss. So in saying that, 7-2 to the pool!! Bring it on!

You should be getting honorary free passes into every game with a record like that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Touch wood! TOUCH WOOD!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You had to say it on a public forum, didn't you?

Seamu$ wrote: »
    You should be getting honorary free passes into every game with a record like that!!

You'd think that, but no! I was trying to work it out last night with my oul lad and I'd say we won about 40% if the games I've gone to. Lots of draws, but some great results. I haven't looked forward to a game this much in a few years tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

You'll be hung by the balls louie if it doesn't go our way tomorrow.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    You had to say it on a public forum, didn't you?

You can thank my post at 2.35 tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

That's some prediction I hope your right!!:pac:

Enjoy it! Im very jealous, even though im only home!! The place was rockin on Wednesday night it was great. Some big scouse lad lifted me up in the air at the final whistle singing we're goin to wembley!! Very funny crazy moment!:pac:

That's some prediction I hope your right!!:pac:

Enjoy it! Im very jealous, even though im only home!! The place was rockin on Wednesday night it was great. Some big scouse lad lifted me up in the air at the final whistle singing we're goin to wembley!! Very funny crazy moment!:pac:

It looked some atmosphere, I hope we get it rocking tomorrow. Early kick offs can be a bit of a nightmare in terms of atmosphere, so hopefully, all the fans are bright eyed and bushy tailed come kick off. Turn it into a cauldron, and targeting whole utd team, not only a certain left back!

It looked some atmosphere, I hope we get it rocking tomorrow. Early kick offs can be a bit of a nightmare in terms of atmosphere, so hopefully, all the fans are bright eyed and bushy tailed come kick off. Turn it into a cauldron, and targeting whole utd team, not only a certain left back!

Absolutely!
    We only hate mancs, we only hate maaaaaaaancs!
    We're not racist, we only hate mancs!

Sing it at the top of your voice and make sure they get the message ;)

Just saw this....
    Steven Gerrard needs just one goal to move level with legendary forwards Robbie Fowler, Ian St John and Jack Balmer on 12 FA Cup goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Absolutely!
    We only hate mancs, we only hate maaaaaaaancs!
    We're not racist, we only hate mancs!

Sing it at the top of your voice and make sure they get the message ;)

:rolleyes:
    Is there any need for this drivel!!

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    Is there any need for this drivel!!

There wouldn't be if people didn't tar all Liverpool fans with the same brush because of one idiot at a game against oldham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You've only given us 5,319 out of 6400 on health and safety grounds but it's still our largest allocation at Anfield in years. For example we only got 1,965 for this seasons league game.

It's going to be bedlam and probably will turn nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Right beeyatches. Kess checking out, and heading home to deliver 5,319 chair shots. :D

And remember what I said in the match thread. United to take the lead, but us to get the win.

We’re on our way to Wembley, we’re on the Wembley Way
    We’re on our way to Wembley, we’re on the Wembley Way....

RasTa wrote: »
    You've only given us 5,319 out of 6400 on health and safety grounds but it's still our largest allocation at Anfield in years. For example we only got 1,965 for this seasons league game.

Lets hope that doesn't happen and it's a cracking match. Both managers have asked for calm...Im sure the police will beef up their security operation given everything that's gone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Should be fun alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

tevez on loan would be a good signing if it was at all possible. it makes a lot of sense for us and for City. would make a change from AC Milan getting a quality player for little investment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

ive just backed a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    tevez on loan would be a good signing if it was at all possible. it makes a lot of sense for us and for City. would make a change from AC Milan getting a quality player for little investment...
    i wouldnt pay his wages and hes caused hassle in every single squad hes been part of with tranfer BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

United never give anyone the full entitlement of 15% for FA Cup games. A deal you have with the FA i believe. Liverpool got 11.8% at OT last year. 11.8% of our capacity is oddly enough, approx 5,371.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Can't wait heading over early doors in the morning. Please god let Evra be playing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

its an early KO tomorrow right and should be on the BBC?

eldwaro wrote: »
    its an early KO tomorrow right and should be on the BBC?

Its on ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I fear a draw which wouldn't be ideal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

mixednuts wrote: »
    I fear a draw which wouldn't be ideal .

I have a feeling we'll win this pretty comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Better not be an effin draw! Think the Spurs match will be moved again then and I have 2 tickets and my flight already bought!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

daithijjj wrote: »
    Its on ITV.

and setanta hd/ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,265 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

bluefinger wrote: »
    and setanta hd/ireland

and ITV HD if you know how to add it on Sky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

According to the Twittersphere, we've just offered €30M for Cavani ...
    Source : @Futbol_Mercado
    El Liverpool ofrece 30 millones de euros por el delantero uruguayo del Nápoli, Edinson Cavani.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

nah can't see Napoli selling him for that. He's worth far more in the current market.

Also another thing - would Cavani really want to come to us? He's a hero at Napoli, who have a massive Champions League tie coming up. Would he want to leave them before that? He's brought them into the semis of the Cup as well.

Plus it's not like Napoli are a small team with no history or anything. They are a big club, with a big stadium and are in the elite competition which we are not.

If it's true I think it's brilliant we are looking at him, but like I said I would expect to have to pay Andy Carroll money or more for him, and I'd have doubts about him wanting to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I wonder would Suarez have an influence on him moving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

I hate Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Twitter says.

The new 'Me uncle says'.

Player and club say Cavani going nowhere, let that end that.......... until summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »

The same source claim Inter are in negotiations with Suarez:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Morzadec wrote: »
    nah can't see Napoli selling him for that. He's worth far more in the current market.

Also another thing - would Cavani really want to come to us? He's a hero at Napoli, who have a massive Champions League tie coming up. Would he want to leave them before that? He's brought them into the semis of the Cup as well.

Plus it's not like Napoli are a small team with no history or anything. They are a big club, with a big stadium and are in the elite competition which we are not.

If it's true I think it's brilliant we are looking at him, but like I said I would expect to have to pay Andy Carroll money or more for him, and I'd have doubts about him wanting to come

I read on twitter he has always dreamed of winning the Carling Cup.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Blatter wrote: »
    The same source claim Inter are in negotiations with Suarez:pac:
    Hold on. We'll only believe what we want to believe:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

jenno86 wrote: »
    Better not be an effin draw! Think the Spurs match will be moved again then and I have 2 tickets and my flight already bought!!

Same boat here - at least Spurs won. 1 down, 1 to go.

COME ON YOU REDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I can confirm that no bid has been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Jen Chang has just been discussing the supposed contact with Napoli for Cavani:

JenChang88 Jen Chang
    According to @tancredipalmeri - LFC contacted Cavani/Napoli reps last week to check availability - no bid made, Napoli won't sell this Jan

JenChang88 Jen Chang
    However, I've been told by other sources that Napoli are indeed open to selling Cavani in the summer for bids of €40M or so

JenChang88 Jen Chang
    Doesn't mean of course that LFC will actually bid for Cavani this summer but the information suggests that he's 'potentially' on LFC's radar

Could turn into a bit of a saga this Summer. I doubt there's a realistic chance of getting him without Champions League football though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sappy404 wrote: »

JenChang88 Jen Chang

JenChang88 Jen Chang

JenChang88 Jen Chang

Could turn into a bit of a saga this Summer. I doubt there's a realistic chance of getting him without Champions League football though.

It'll be the Mata saga all over again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Liverpool street is handy as the stanstead express arrives there.
    I have booked some hotel around Leicester square thought it would be handy for the nightlife

Good idea,a lot of lads from Irishkop are staying around Wembley.I dont get that sure you will be headin back into the city after the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Does anyone know if this Tancredi Palmeri is reliable? Chang strikes me as the type that keeps to the facts rather than sensationalist BS... Anyway, doesn't mean anything. I guess it's just nice being linked to someone glamourous this window!!

Sappy404 wrote: »

JenChang88 Jen Chang

JenChang88 Jen Chang

JenChang88 Jen Chang

please please please get 4th

Funny just clicked onto Jen Chang's profile for the first time, had always assumed it was a woman before now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This Jen Chang floozy obviously just hangs on my updates.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement