Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the Way Round is stopping in Limerick - 5th of June

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As some of you know a few of us drivers from the Boards.ie motoring forum organised and ran a charity drive around the country last year in aid of Barretstown.

We managed to raise almost €7000 to help children deal with cancer.

This year were doing it all over again and hope to make it bigger and better.

On the 4th of June we will be staying in Limerick city after completing the second leg of our journey from Bundoran all the way down the west coast, traveling as far west as Clifden and then on into Limerick.

So were looking for suggestions on what to do in Limerick when we get there, last year we stayed in Killarney and went out after arrival for a few drinks and talked about the days driving.

So were looking for ideas on where to get a bit of food and then where to go for a drink where 20 of us will be able to sit down and have a chat about the days events.

Also we'd like to invite anyone that wishes to along to meet up with us if they want and opportunities and ideas to raise some more money while were in Bundoran are welcome.

Thanks in advance everyone.

*You can find out more about ATWR here.
    *And you can donate to a great cause here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

He won't bite lads.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a fairly decent thread on local resturants in the sticky section but I suppose your needs are slightly different in that you want to sit a group of 20 or so.

Do you want the 20 to be at the same table - that would limit your options.

The Ardhu Bar do nice finger food for parties and such like and the're ample parking.

My favorite resturants that would cater for the numbers but maybe not at the same table.

The River Bistro

Freddys Bistro

The Azur

The Cornstore

Hamptons

Chocolate

The Texas Steakout - Not a favourite of mine but liked by a lot of posters here.

Someone to go for pictures would be helpful aswell,must be capable of holding quite a few cars

Someone to go for pictures would be helpful aswell,must be capable of holding quite a few cars

Talk to the city council and get the area near City Hall cleared for the day or a trip out to Curragchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks Phog,

Great help, sitting at the same table is not a requirement, 4/5 to a table would be fine.

And yes as TestTransmission mentioned (I forgot to) somewhere to get some scenic or iconic pics would be great, we hope to aim at getting bigger sponsors in future events and aim to get pics that show Ireland's highlights.

Think of getting pics that Discover Ireland would find interesting maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

draffodx wrote: »
    sitting at the same table is not a requirement, 4/5 to a table would be fine.

And yes as TestTransmission mentioned (I forgot to) somewhere to get some scenic or iconic pics would be great, aim to get pics that show Ireland's highlights.

Think of getting pics that Discover Ireland would find interesting maybe.

The Stand Hotel would be ideal to feed large number and also for scenic/iconic pics. Pictures could be taken from the roof of the convoy passing the hotel or crossing the bridge, and also pictures of the drivers on the roof with Thomond Park or the city in the back ground. Parking however would be a no no! Clarion also would be great for pics of river, but also parking would be a problem here too!

Another spot for photos might be the docks, using the estuary as a background.

UL near the fountains might be an option too.

Try and get the cars into Thomond Park - now there's a photo opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

University would be a great spot, Plenty of parking and photo op's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'd also recommend the strand, if you ring ahead they will have everything sorted for you, but if you are just looking for somewhere for a few drinks - then If you PM kenoconnel on here I'm sure he might spot you a round or so in the old quater :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

FYI - its a fiver a car to get into Curraghchase!

• Advertisement

I'll be meeting the lads for beer if anyone else is interested in coming along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'll come along and I'll bring my camera :)

Where will ye all be meeting when ye come to Limerick - would love to go for a spin!

Bumping this for the lads,Ken has kindly agreed to reserve some space in O'Connells if anyone is interested in coming along.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it Saturday night the convoy will be in town?

Is it Saturday night the convoy will be in town?

Nope ,the Sunday

Bump,they're stopping in Limerick tonight

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any idea what time they'll be in town?

About 8 or 9

****e - take some pics if you can Test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks for your help guys, we arrived in Limerick a lot later than anticipated and missed out on what TestTransmission had set up for us, I'm really sorry about that. But we had a great time in the Strand hotels residence bar and would definitely stay there again.

Photos of the trip can be found here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056290876

Advertisement