Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results not showing on mytcd - "NQP - INCOMPLETE"

Options
  • 25-06-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Long story short I have 2 6-week placements to do that go towards this year (not my degree); the rest of my class finished these by the first of April, but due to crappy circumstances I won't discuss here, I'm doing them over the summer (completed one already). I sat exams with the rest of the class and everyone else got theirs yesterday, however, my report says "NQP - INCOMPLETE" and shows a list of all my modules with blank spaces beside them instead of results. I grant that technically I haven't completed the year yet, so that with a system as bad as mytcd they mightn't automatically show. However, the Executive Officer is on holidays and hasn't said when she'll be back, and my head of discipline is extremely hard to get a hold of and I can't guarantee I'll be able to contact him during my short lunch break when I start my other placement next week.

My questions: - Is this normal for when the year hasn't technically been completed, and is this just something to do with an automated system, or do ye reckon they'll actually withhold my results until I finish my placements for this year?
    - Who else can I contact about obtaining exam results?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

As far as I know the results are withheld until you complete your placement block. You could e-mail them directly and ask for your result and I'm sure they'll give it. It's just the system doesn't show your results because you're down as not having completed the year. If you just want your overall result, they're posted in your department on the noticeboard

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

The whole department was out of office until yesterday; by chance I rang and got through to the executive officer, who said she couldn't give me results at all until my placements were finished. I told her that my placements weren't going to finish until well after the repeats were over, so she was able to tell me that although she couldn't give me any of my grades, she was allowed say that I didn't have to sit any supplemental exams. Score! :D

Advertisement