Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Gáis Graduate Programme 2012 to 2014

• 21-06-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, all those who applied to Bord Gáis graduate programme 2012 to 2014 and have completed the online test, have you been invited for interview? I am still waiting for the invitation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Hi, all those who applied to Bord Gáis graduate programme 2012 to 2014 and have completed the online test, have you been invited for interview? I am still waiting for the invitation.

I completed the online tests about 2 weeks ago, but have heard no more since.
    Closing date was the 10th of june I think, and plus everyone gets 4 days to complete the tests, so realistically the last applications + tests only finished up on the 14th, i'd give it another while before I start getting worried about interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 12 topgraduate

cozzie55 wrote: »
    I completed the online tests about 2 weeks ago, but have heard no more since.
    Closing date was the 10th of june I think, and plus everyone gets 4 days to complete the tests, so realistically the last applications + tests only finished up on the 14th, i'd give it another while before I start getting worried about interviews

The closing date was the 11th of June. Thanks for your reply. I started this thread so that we the applicants can communicate and follow the process. Do you know the month the programme will commence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 hjoeboy

I also did the online tests and haven't heard anything. I was beginning to loose hope tbh...

I think it starts in September so there is still quite a bit of time.

my status still says "completed" and the total applications are 1008. What about you guys?

Did anyone get an email after they finished the online tests? ie something saying something like thanks for completing the tests. I got a bit worried as I received nothing to confirm I have the tests finished.

Topgraduate where did you see this status thing?

What type of grads are ye guys? Don't really know what the job will entail fully but seen as they are putting people into a 4 different departments during the two years I'm sure grads will be placed in departments outside there expertise.. I'm an engineer by the way

• Advertisement

Wait now, seen as you posted this in the engineering forum you'll only get engineers commenting, don't mind the earlier question about what grads ye are so. I thought it was in the work and jobs forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Also done online tests a few weeks ago so I hope to here something soon. I hope anyways.

cozzie55 wrote: »
    Did anyone get an email after they finished the online tests? ie something saying something like thanks for completing the tests. I got a bit worried as I received nothing to confirm I have the tests finished.

Topgraduate where did you see this status thing?

What type of grads are ye guys? Don't really know what the job will entail fully but seen as they are putting people into a 4 different departments during the two years I'm sure grads will be placed in departments outside there expertise.. I'm an engineer by the way

To check the status of your application, go to Bord Gáis website and log in. Or log in here: login.amris.com/wizards/bordgais/login.php

Pls anyone who receives an interview invitation or rejection email should let us know. Thanks!

cozzie55, I didn't get an email after finishing the test. We are on track.

To check the status of your application, go to Bord Gáis website and log in. Or log in here: login.amris.com/wizards/bordgais/login.php

Pls anyone who receives an interview invitation or rejection email should let us know. Thanks!

Yep status is completed and 1008 applications
    Anyone know how many positions there are?

• Advertisement

pls does anyone know how many graduates will be recruited for the programme? Just an estimate.

pls who knows the recruitment stages?

Is there anyone who applied to Bord Gais graduate programme years ago? Please tell us about the stages you passed through. Thanks.

Has anyone received application update from Bord Gais?

Nothing yet.

nope nothing yet, anything your end?

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still waiting here as well, thought I made a bit of a mess of the competency tests but encouraging to hear nobody's recieved any word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gill89

Hi,
    I received an email today for an interview, does anybody know how many interviews will be? there is only a one hour slot for this round

gill89 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I received an email today for an interview, does anybody know how many interviews will be? there is only a one hour slot for this round

Fair play to you on getting the interview. What time of the day did you get the email at? I would assume everyone they were bringing for interview was called today

Anyone else on here get one?

• Advertisement

cozzie55, i haven't received any email yet.
    Gill89, when is the date or month if u do not want to specify the exact date of interview? Is it a telephony interview or face-to-face interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Oh well I was not successful anyway.
    Over 900 people applied for 8 positions.

Oh well I was not successful anyway.
    Over 900 people applied for 8 positions.

i'm in the same boat with another rejection, can't believe the had over 900 people for 8 positions

Not successful either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Wasn't successful either. It was probably the aptitude test. I wasn't really prepared, first one I ever did. I'll have to go over a few test ones the next time I have one coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same story here, first aptitude test I'd done as well so didn't really know what to expect, made a bit of a mess of it towards the end trying to get as many as possible answered

not successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

I was also rejected, I'll be changing my electric supply to ESB

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmi10

Not successful. I'd say the aptitude tests was where I fell down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jkinsel01

got an interview. feeling nervous. i didnt think i did that well on the aptitude either but i have some experience so maybe it wasnt just down to the aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seanyshuffler

I'm at the very final stage of interview for this programme and was wondering has anyone from previous years gotten to this stage and if so what did you have to do? I've to give a 15 min presentation on my own personal brand. I've never heard of anything like that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Bafucin

Keeping an eye on this for the future. I would be interested to know how rigorous you felt the tests were. And how you get on etc.

I'm at the very final stage of interview for this programme and was wondering has anyone from previous years gotten to this stage and if so what did you have to do? I've to give a 15 min presentation on my own personal brand. I've never heard of anything like that before.
    Sounds like a thesis defense https://xkcd.com/1403/

Bafucin wrote: »
    Keeping an eye on this for the future. I would be interested to know how rigorous you felt the tests were. And how you get on etc.

Stages
    1. Online assessment ( numerical etc.)
    2. Video interview
    3. Face to face interview
    4. Final interview/presentation

I haven't found anything too daunting, obviously barring the upcoming presentation. It's your normal grad programme interview stages. I'm not sure how many applied this year but I've previous experience in the area so I imagine that's how I've gotten so far.

Stages
    2. Video interview

I haven't found anything too daunting, obviously barring the upcoming presentation. It's your normal grad programme interview stages. I'm not sure how many applied this year but I've previous experience in the area so I imagine that's how I've gotten so far.

Thank you

GOOD LUCK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭CiaranW

Stages
    2. Video interview

Did you get the position?
    if so, are you being sent to Cork for a year?

CiaranW wrote: »
    Did you get the position?
    if so, are you being sent to Cork for a year?
    I haven't heard anything back from them yet so not sure. Did they contact you recentley?

Advertisement