Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus route 5 day rambler

Options
  • 17-10-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

If I buy the 5 day rambler ticket, it says unlimited travel - does this mean i could make up to 10 bus journeys a day hypothetically? or is their a limit to the number of journeys i can make per day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No limit you could spent all day jumping on and off buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's unlimited AFAIK. You can also use them on the airport routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

thanks for the quick replies, i make 4 bus journeys a day sometimes 6 and i never buy tickets - worked out its costing me a lot - one more question can i use the rambler on xpresso buses the dublinbus website doesnt give much detailed info? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

thanks for the quick replies, i make 4 bus journeys a day sometimes 6 and i never buy tickets - worked out its costing me a lot - one more question can i use the rambler on xpresso buses the dublinbus website doesnt give much detailed info? thanks

Yes.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/daily.asp
    Validity?- Unlimited Travel for one, three, five or seven consecutive days for one adult on all Dublin Bus services including the Airlink service but excluding Nitelink, Ferry services & Tours.

The Travel 90 tickets (€1.70 each in a pack of ten) are also valid on xpresso services but not Airlink, Nitelink and Ferry connections.

Anyone that is paying cash for a €1.90 fare or above and anyone paying cash for two or more services within 90mns of each other is wasting money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

Cheers John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thaedydal wrote: »
    No limit you could spent all day jumping on and off buses.
    Thats how some old people used to (still?) keep warm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Better value still for that level of usage would be the annual ticket - if your employer is part of the taxsaver scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

John R wrote: »

The Travel 90 tickets (€1.70 each in a pack of ten) are also valid on xpresso services but not Airlink, Nitelink and Ferry connections.

Anyone that is paying cash for a €1.90 fare or above and anyone paying cash for two or more services within 90mns of each other is wasting money.

Sorry for jumping into the thread, but on the Dublin Bus website it says that the Travel 90 tickets are only valid for 6 months after day of purchase. How do they monitor this? I occasionally get the bus, but don't think I'd use it 10 times in 6 months. Are they activated by the shop selling them, and if you don't use them can you get your money back? I hate having to dig up change every time I go for a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Del2005 wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping into the thread, but on the Dublin Bus website it says that the Travel 90 tickets are only valid for 6 months after day of purchase. How do they monitor this? I occasionally get the bus, but don't think I'd use it 10 times in 6 months. Are they activated by the shop selling them, and if you don't use them can you get your money back? I hate having to dig up change every time I go for a bus.

No Dublin Bus tickets are activated by shops, there is no way of telling when they were bought.

The tickets MIGHT be rendered invalid 6 months after a price change, depending on if they change the codes or not. Price changes for pre-paid tickets are normally in Feb/March.

AFAIR I read somewhere that unused tickets can be changed in the DB O'Connell St office for new ones if they have elapsed, that may not be the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

John R wrote: »
    No Dublin Bus tickets are activated by shops, there is no way of telling when they were bought.

The tickets MIGHT be rendered invalid 6 months after a price change, depending on if they change the codes or not. Price changes for pre-paid tickets are normally in Feb/March.

AFAIR I read somewhere that unused tickets can be changed in the DB O'Connell St office for new ones if they have elapsed, that may not be the case though.
    i think they base the expiry on the batch manufacture date which meant i could use tickets more than 6 months after buying them. But I've also had a few EXPIRED rejections, usually the price was lower on the ticket than the current.

Hope they replace/refund unused tickets 'cos I've still got some since i went the taxsaver route :-/

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement