Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton to Maynooth

Options
  • 16-10-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Being doing this route for two months now and it's not fun anytime of day let alone rush hour! Does anyone know if there are easier/other routes than the M50, toll bridge route or is it just wishful thinking on my part that there's easier ways? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look at getting the train.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MayMay wrote: »
    Being doing this route for two months now and it's not fun anytime of day let alone rush hour! Does anyone know if there are easier/other routes than the M50, toll bridge route or is it just wishful thinking on my part that there's easier ways? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Sutton to conolly

conolly to maynooth

Try the irish rail website for times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

If only I could get the train, need the car unfortunately for picking things up during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

I would come off the 50 at the N3 junction and head outbound, take the Clonee exit and head into Clonee itself. At the north end of the village there is a left turn for Lucan, take this, about a mile out the road you need to turn right to stay on the main road. Follow this road (not a great one) until you see a right turn for leixlip (it's just before a hump-backed bridge), take the second left off this road and you will come out on the Maynooth road from Leixlip just after Intel. These are back roads, but I find I can do the trip going this way, in about a third of the time at rush hour. Hope this helps.

That definitely does help ginger giant, thanks! Not familiar with driving in Dublin much at all so I'll give that a go, thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I would come off the 50 at the N3 junction and head outbound, take the Clonee exit and head into Clonee itself. At the north end of the village there is a left turn for Lucan, take this, about a mile out the road you need to turn right to stay on the main road. Follow this road (not a great one) until you see a right turn for leixlip (it's just before a hump-backed bridge), take the second left off this road and you will come out on the Maynooth road from Leixlip just after Intel. These are back roads, but I find I can do the trip going this way, in about a third of the time at rush hour. Hope this helps.

Tip. when you come up the sliproad at clonee go left at the top and turn right at the third roundabout. Then left and continue as above. This is a bit quicker as it avoids clonee village and also that queue for turning right.

Thanks Ice Box:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Leave the car in Maynooth?

Advertisement