Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brand New Band looking for Drummer

• 21-02-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello folks,

We are a male lead singer/guitarist, female piano/synth/vocalist and male bass player.... Looking for a drummer... We're all 25-26, based in Dublin...

It's all brand new so no myspace but this was my old band, wrote the songs, sang and played myspace.com/waifrock....

Influences with new band range from Beatles to Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire to Bowie..... But that;s just the start....

Pm if interested in an old jam,

Paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭bathroom gurgle

hey i'm an 18 year old drummer in dublin. have loads of previous experience in bands and stuff. very wide influences but at the moment its bloc party, klaxons, joy division and arctic monkeys and so on. what type of music are you hoping to play with this band? i might be interested in having a jam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 waifster59

Arctic Monkeys are one of my favourite bands so elements of them for sure- but also Beatles, Nirvana, Turn, Muse, possibly elements of Razorlight....
    It's going very melodic, clever harmonies, strong rhythms..... The songs thus far are, to my ear, very strong, memorable and I suppose kind of anthemic in places....
    I wanted to use a piano in the band because I think people have overdosed on synth (though i love the way Klaxons use it). It feels like bands are chucking in synths for the sake of it now or because that's what they think people want to hear - it's completely overdone now.

It's all originals band obviously - wanted to make that clear from my initial post!

Anyone that fancies a jam, I can assure you we don't bite. Much.

Paddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

hi, I'm 18, based in Dublin, interested in all sorts of music, but have played in bands doing similar kinds of stuff. Used to play in this band:
    http://www.bebo.com/Rollbackband
    check it out and see if i'd be the kind of drummer you were thinking of.
    Thanks,
    Rowan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 waifster59

Bump

Advertisement