Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to stay on disability and repeat my leaving?

• 21-12-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey

So I have just turned 23 and have been on disability for just over a year now. I finished school in 2011 completing my leaving and then dropped out of a PLC college in 2012 since then didnt do alot with my life until I was diagnosed with having high functioning Asperger's in 2013 when I got help with the mental health service. So I have got my life back on track and am now looking to repeat my leaving to get 600+ but I find this whole back to education thing abit confusing to say the least.

I am looking to stay on disability as long as I can to try and save up money for my education (plans to return next September) and I saw that there was a higher education grant where you could stay on disability but you would no longer be entitled to rent allowance (I live at home this isnt a problem for me) but this grant seems to be more towards PLC colleges and degree's not repeating your leaving certificate.

So to sum up is it possible for me to stay on my current payment with my disability allowance and if so do I have to let anyone know that im going back to do my leaving next year and does it matter that the college I am going back to repeat in is a private grind college? (not looking for a grant towards the 13k tuition for the 2 years I will be there just looking to stay on disability)

Lastly if I cannot stay on disability while repeating in Hewitt college in cork what are my options? Like I say I live at home and have no other income or do not receive any other means of allowances.

Thanks

Advertisement