Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice buying digital piano

• 01-04-2015 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi boardsies

I want to start learning the piano and a friend suggested a digital piano would be a good choice for learning, space, has weighted keys etc... however his advice stopped there and i really don't know what make / model to go for. Ill be learning from scratch and will have a budget of about €1000 to spend. Would you be able to advise a recommended make / model which i could buy in dublin? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you can pick up a used Yamaha clavinova for under €400

they are EXCELLENT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Agree about the Clavinova series, they are fantastic. I think you'd be lucky to find one for 400, but if you can find one second hand it should be under your budget.

http://www.waltons.ie/home/products/view/07ayam-clp525r-yamaha-clp525r-clavinova-digital-piano-rosewood/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

Thanks! Any idea where I would have a good chance of finding a second hand one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

There is a similar one listed on adverts.ie for 600, although not in Dublin. Search in "pianos" for clavinova. Good luck!

Thanks again guys. i look forward to starting!

• Advertisement

saw one on ebay not get a bid at £250 in Coleraine two weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

I have casio privia px-5s, redcow dublin. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i bought this one for €1000 , delivered to donegal , from music matters in lisburn in belfast.
    i'd definitely give them a ring and see what they have.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pianos/yamaha-clavinova-clp220pe/1088395458

Hi all.

I did some more looking around and i looked at the following:

Casio ap-250 for €699
    Yamaha clavinova clp-525 for €1333
    Roland F-130B for €1025.

The rep said that the Clavinova 525 and Roland F130B are very close in terms of spec and performance and that people merely avoid the roland because it doesn't look as good!

What are peoples thoughts on thw above 3 models especially the 525 and the F-130B?

Many thanks

I went for the clavinova in the end. It's fantastic! :)

• Advertisement

told you!

Advertisement