Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert problems with SEC and microsoft word

Options
  • 03-02-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

The school recieved an email last week that while I am allowed to use microsoft word I cannot use bitmap for diagrams, microsoft equation editor for math problems and microsoft excel which I need for graphs and charts. this really ticked me off because I have to use my laptop due to my disabilities ehlers danlos and that one illness that causes bad grammar and spelling (and its not retardation). Would this be considered discrimination,would I be able to fight it to court if I go through with it, am I the only one being told of this, if so then maybe we should at least start a petition to see if it would work. (note I have been given permission to use laptops, iPad and even entered into DARE)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

I did my Junior Cert. and my Leaving Cert. on a word processor but I still wrote some of it. I have a physical disability and can't write for long, but I did my diagrams and the like by hand and even some short questions where you might have to just write a couple of figures down on a cashflow forecast or something on the exam paper.

I wrote bits because it was just handier and quicker; it takes 2 minutes to throw a graph down on a piece of paper, but I find messing around doing graphs on the computer just a pain. I know it's a b!tch when they actually tell you that you're not allowed to do certain things, but honestly it's not worth the grief.

I'm only offering my own personal experience, I did the Leaving last summer. In saying all of this, I know some people with ehlers danlos find writing incredibly difficult, and if that's the case then just disregard what I've said :o

But if it's the spelling and grammar part that is your main problem, then I'd just do diagrams and quick bits that don't involve words by hand. Hopefully this is of some use to you, but sure good luck anyway! :D

Advertisement