Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best places to live and work in Spain

Options
  • 14-05-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    I want to move to Spain to teach english in September but Im having difficulty deciding where to base myself.Id like somewhere on the coast that isnt too big but still has life about it and other travellers passing through.I went out with a basque man but we broke up recently. I loved San Sebastian where he was from but I cant go there now for obvious reasons but would love to find somewhere similar.Any recommendations of places to aim for, good schools/academies to work for and even the best way to apply for jobs,find accomodation,etc would be greatly appreciated.Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

La Coruña is and the gallego coast is stunning. I have friends that teach up there and it is great, same with Bilbao - beautiful cities. If I moved back to Spain, it's where I'd live.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Barcelona is a great city - Watch out for the feckin' scum Eastern European pickpockets though - The ****s are nearly everywhere.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Long Gone wrote: »
    Barcelona is a great city - Watch out for the feckin' scum Eastern European pickpockets though - The ****s are nearly everywhere.....:mad:

The problem with Barcelona is that it's completely overrun with English teachers. A friend of mine tried to teach there and just couldn't get enough hours. She move to Madrid and had 30 hours of classes in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Hi celotape, thinking of a similar move myself. Just wondering if you moved over, and if so can you offer any advice. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement