Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur/Pixelation Issue with New TV

Options
  • 02-05-2015 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭

I just bought a new Panasonic 42 inch LED TV and although by and large the picture is fine when there is movement on screen there is a bit of a blur/pixelation.

It means that the picture quality is not great when watching sport on it.In fact is a good deal worse than my old 22 inch tv

Is there anything that can be done to change it.I have changed all the picture options and it doesn't make any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I just bought a new Panasonic 42 inch LED TV and although by and large the picture is fine when there is movement on screen there is a bit of a blur/pixelation.

It means that the picture quality is not great when watching sport on it.In fact is a good deal worse than my old 22 inch tv

Is there anything that can be done to change it.I have changed all the picture options and it doesn't make any difference.

Usually you would notice blur/pixelation on a tv when you are sitting to close to it. Can you move back from it a bit and see does that make any difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Usually you would notice blur/pixelation on a tv when you are sitting to close to it. Can you move back from it a bit and see does that make any difference?

No difference when I move back if anything it looks slightly worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What source are you giving the TV ? Sky Box/UPC ? Streaming from a laptop ?

The artifacts you're experiencing sound normal for a low bandwidth low data rate standard definition signal to be honest. You'll probaly find that some channels are better or worse than others. These were there on your old 22" TV but you just didn't notice them on the smaller screen. You now have 4 times the screen area so the pixelation will look proportionally worse.

A HD service or a DVD/BD source will look better on a large screen. Playing a Blu-Ray disc through the TV will eliminate the TV as the problem. Watching sport via an online stream will look awful by comparison.

How have you connected the TV to the source ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    What source are you giving the TV ? Sky Box/UPC ? Streaming from a laptop ?

The artifacts you're experiencing sound normal for a low bandwidth low data rate standard definition signal to be honest. You'll probaly find that some channels are better or worse than others. These were there on your old 22" TV but you just didn't notice them on the smaller screen. You now have 4 times the screen area so the pixelation will look proportionally worse.

A HD service or a DVD/BD source will look better on a large screen. Playing a Blu-Ray disc through the TV will eliminate the TV as the problem. Watching sport via an online stream will look awful by comparison.

How have you connected the TV to the source ?

Ken

Thanks for replying .

I have UPC and it's connected to the TV with a scart lead.

The DVD player is connected using a HDMI cable and it looks fine .I haven't noticed any issue when watching films so far.

So it sounds like I need to update to Sky+ HD for television rather than the old UPC box.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Or get a HD box from UPC?

Also, what model is the new TV?

• Advertisement

byte wrote: »
    Or get a HD box from UPC?

Also, what model is the new TV?

Panasonic 42 inch LED TV- TX42A400B

Advertisement