Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd issue with sound

Options
  • 05-05-2015 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

For the last few weeks, I've been having an odd issue with my Humax 1000S. Now and then seemingly at random, I'll just lose sound. Sometimes it's off on some channels, and on on others, or off on all, but still working on recordings. I have to turn off the TV and back on again, and it's all back to normal. It tends to happen mostly when I either stop watching a recording and go back to 'live' tv or when changing channel (I'd say quickly changing channel or a particular set of channels, but I can't absolutely prove it).

The box is connected with a HDMI cable, so my first guess would that cable is faulty or worn out or something, but I have no spares lying around, and just wonder if there's anything else to check before I buy myself a new one.

Advertisement