Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pig farmer jailed for 12 months for threatening naked repo men

• 11-11-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/pig-farmer-jailed-for-12-months-for-threats-to-repossession-men-1.1591243

Pig farmer jailed for 12 months for threats to repossession men

The pig farmer who ordered two repossession men to strip naked and get into a pen with an ‘agitated’ boar was jailed today.

Donal Connaughton (55), from Elfeet, Newtowncashel, Co Longford, was sentenced to 12 months in prison at the Circuit Court sitting in Tullamore.

I know its awful to hear about two people potentially getting buggered by a horny pig, but I did laugh at this :pac:

Was he right to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No tbh, those men could have suffered serious injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....was it agitated in the bite-tear sense or the 'c'mere to me, ye fine thing' sense......

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Bull**** vilifying of repo guys, they're only doing their jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

It's time people started doing things like this more often ,in fairnous to some people . The repo guys will think twice about going into another farm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Actually it doesn't say anything about how he forced them to do what he wanted them to do. I'd have thought he'd have had a shotgun or something, hard to believe two blokes just stripped off and did as they were told with no threat present?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Nutter! Did he pull a shotgun on them or something? Says nothing about a gun in the article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

vermin99 wrote: »
    It's time people started doing things like this more often ,in fairnous to some people . The repo guys will think twice about going into another farm

Yes, we should do violence to people who come and remind us that we actually have to pay our debts.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

"Squeal like a pig!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'd say they were... sow-wy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Right, because the repo guys are to blame when you get a repossession order...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

"while he took no satisfaction in sending a man of his age to prison, he imposed concurrent sentences of 12 months on each of the charges on which he was found guilty"

What does the age of the man have to do anything with the case???
    He deserved to go to prison for what he did.
    I dont think Ill ever understand some of the things judges do and say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Yeah, why should anyone pay their debts. No doubt you'd feel the same if your employer stopped paying you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

MadsL wrote: »
    Yes, we should do violence to people who come and remind us that we actually have to pay our debts.

:rolleyes:

In a lot of cases people are making a genuine effort to pay their debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Didn't this happen last year, or even in 2011 :confused:

Haven't even read the link, but bet this happened in Longford.

No Bricktop references yet?

Bull**** vilifying of repo guys, they're only doing their jobs

Cleaning toilets is a far more noble profession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I see no mention of a gun or any other weapon. How did he force the two guys to strip and get in a pig pen ??

In a lot of cases people are making a genuine effort to pay their debts.

They are unlikely to get visits from repo men then....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I don't get how he made two men strip and start praying with no gun or anything.

I see no mention of a gun or any other weapon. How did he force the two guys to strip and get in a pig pen ??

http://comp.webstockpro.com/rubberball/b12893.jpg

A pig farmer would have an electric prod, maybe that was the persuader.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SPRINGER-MAGRATH-9-SHAFT-COMPLETE-UNIT-ELECTRIC-CATTLE-PROD-SHOCKER-LIVESTOCK-/00/s/NzAzWDcyMA==/z/HT8AAOxyRHdR0b59/$T2eC16RHJH8FHQy43ZlHBR0b581oe!~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Stheno wrote: »
    Actually it doesn't say anything about how he forced them to do what he wanted them to do. I'd have thought he'd have had a shotgun or something, hard to believe two blokes just stripped off and did as they were told with no threat present?

He used a Romanian.

http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/local-news/man-charged-with-assaulting-debt-collectors-in-newtowncashel-1-1959147

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Did they squeal like pigs?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

His farm should be confiscated and sold. And his animals destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Ciaran_B wrote: »

yes they should, the dirty accomplices!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

No the Finance company instead of sending two suited, whimpers, will hire a bunch of lads, big knuckle dragging, apes like the defendant to make their not so friendly calls. They might throw him to the pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

You'd think it would have been mentioned though if he was threatening to sprong or prod them. All it said was they were in fear for their safety after they were assaulted. No mention either of being assaulted with a weapon either.

Maybe he just hit them a few digs then threatened to bate the shít out of them unless they did as told.

• Advertisement

Cleaning toilets is a far more noble profession.

Not many people got a code to live by anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,181 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

They are unlikely to get visits from repo men then....
    wouldn't be so sure about that these days

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,181 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    lol, his farm can't be confiscated unless he has a mortgage and owes anything on it, so you can forget your nonsense

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Advertisement