Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercounty Transfer Galway...

Options
  • 13-10-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

moved home recently but played for a junior football club in another county this year. Stopped playing for my ‘home’ club (was born abroad) when I was 16 as fellow players were horrible to me. dying to play for someone next year. My ‘home’ clubs ‘B’ team plays at a pretty high level which would give no chance of progress never mind the fact that the same old faces that drove me out of the club are still around. anyway......

What’s the rule about transferring to another club that’s not my ‘home’ one? It would just be Junior B or C…

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Have you moved into the area of your "home" club or into a different area??

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Have you moved into the area of your "home" club or into a different area??

Just moved back to home clubs area...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

As far as I'm aware, you'd have to go back playing with your home club. If you had moved somewhere outside your home club's catchment area, then you could play with whatever the local club is

didn't play with them since I was 16 though well into 20s now! I'm not from the area originally also just where the family moved to from abroad... any leeway you reckon?

Did you transfer to another team in the meantime and play in proper competition - if not, then you have the two years sat out to ve granted a transfer - it does depend on individual counties though

• Advertisement

Did you transfer to another team in the meantime and play in proper competition - if not, then you have the two years sat out to ve granted a transfer - it does depend on individual counties though

Yes played with a another team at other side of the country this year!

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Yes played with a another team at other side of the country this year!

I think it would depend on the county itself - some counties have slightly different byelaws when it comes to transfers. Best bet might be to ring your county secretary and ask them

I think it would depend on the county itself - some counties have slightly different byelaws when it comes to transfers. Best bet might be to ring your county secretary and ask them

Thanks rebel girl will do

Advertisement