Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub and lost property. Poor treatment

Options
  • 12-05-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Last weekend I was in a night club during the bank holiday weekend and lost my phone.

Important note, for the week since, i have tried to call the office number, in the day, during the club times and there is never an answer. (called over 50 times) Also the voicemail is always full. This number is the only contact number on their website. Secondly their email inbox is always full so i cannot contact them this way.

I went down to the nightclub the following day (saturday) and talked to the head bouncer, he told me that 5 phones were handed in. 3 of which were the same model of mine. He couldn't let me in the office to show me the lost phones (wtf) so he took my details and said the manager would get back to me. No one did.

I found a number of the club PR guy on sunday and rang him, retold the story and he said well no phones were handed into me so there was nothing he could do. I then told him about what the bouncer told me and he backtracked and said he would check when he was down that evening. I followed up with a text and he never got back to me.

It took daily tweets and facebook messages for him to return an email. Told me to go down and talk to the manager who would be there tonight (saturday, a week later). I get down there tonight and I never got to see the phones. I never got to see the manager. He obviously isn't busy as he NEVER answers his phone! The manager told the bouncers through the earpieces that it was an old version. Like magic, there was no reproach for me.

The whole dealings was really taking the mick. Specifically the lack of dealings This is not acceptable, for insurance claims, for my personal property, for common decency etc. What if it was my wallet with cards, what if it was an ID or passport. Also if i couldn't get to talk to anyone about the lost phone, how the hell can the other phones be claimed.

The funny thing i cant even complain to anyone as i cant talk to anyone bar a PR guy

I don't know if there is anything i can do, the whole thing has soured me towards them as a club and I am annoyed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Report the phone stolen to the Gardai and recount your story to them asking them to go in an have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Is this really a consumer issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you reported the phone as lost/stolen yet? If you have the IMEI no., then call your provider to get the phone blocked. TBH getting the phone reported and blocked would've been the FIRST thing to do. You can always sort out the recovery (if any!) later.

It's been over a week. The last thing you want or need is a potentially large bill due to misuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is this really a consumer issue?

I'm happy for this thread to stay open, even though it's not the normal type of issue we see here. Hopefully someone can offer some good advice to this poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

It might be worth a try trying to track down the owner or one of the directors of whatever company owns the nightclub, you should be easily able to find details on the CRO website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Do you have any type of Tracking app on it - if so, try get a location and let the Gardai know.

Advertisement