Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Product Not Working

Options
  • 12-05-2013 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So i bought a Heart rate Monitor this morning from Argos and when i got home I set it up I've found that its not working.

So i want to bring it back and get it replaced, which i'm sure is my right.

So I'm looking for some advice if they start being difficult, i know a number of people who'd had problems with Argos.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

People who have problems in shops, especially big chains like Argos, normally create them themselves. Go back in and politely ask for it to be replaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

People who have problems in shops, especially big chains like Argos, normally create them themselves. Go back in and politely ask for it to be replaced.

Well I've not done anything with the product just taken it out of the box and after set up the watch isn't picking up the heart rate

Well I've not done anything with the product just taken it out of the box and after set up the watch isn't picking up the heart rate

I meant the problem with returning it. Most people work themselves up thinking there will be an argument - honestly faulty products happen. Pop it back and I'm 99% sure you'll be grand.

If not the best way to deal with it is ask to see the manager, and if that doesn't work try another branch if possible.

As I say though I'm sure they will be more than happy to replace it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

I have found Argos one of the best to deal with in any cases I've had faulty products or any other queries.

Last time had a jet washer and it stopped working after 11 months went down changed with no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

+1 for Argos being one of the best to deal with when it comes to faults.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As said by others, I have never had any problem in Argos. The have always just replaced any brand new items that were faulty. Just go in and ask then come back here if you actually have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Argos have always been excellent with faulty products, almost as good as Tesco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

you have no automatic right to a replacement but they are normally very good with this kind of thing. why do people always assume there will be difficulty and go looking for barrakroom lawyers before they even know if they have a problem????

patgmail wrote: »
    you have no automatic right to a replacement but they are normally very good with this kind of thing. why do people always assume there will be difficulty and go looking for barrakroom lawyers before they even know if they have a problem????

Why is it?

If the product i was sold doesn't work, it therefore isn't fit for the purpose intended

Why is it?

If the product i was sold doesn't work, it therefore isn't fit for the purpose intended

From this barrack room lawyer; you technically don't as they can offer a repair but that would be highly unreasonable in the circumstances and therefore in 99.999% of cases you are entitled to a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 patgmail

Why is it?

not at all! Sale of goods act. repair, replace, refund and it's not immediately your choice! that said letbOP wait until Lagos respond before screaming.

not at all! Sale of goods act. repair, replace, refund and it's not immediately your choice! that said letbOP wait until Lagos respond before screaming.

Aten-shun! Now there lads lets not consider one piece of consumer legislation is isolation.

By the left, quick.... wait for it... MARCH.

I'm not screaming.

Well I've actually got the issue sorted myself so no need to bring it back to Argos.

Advertisement