Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vamo v6

• 05-03-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi, just bought a vamo v6 (first mod was using e twist, spinner etc) and bought a couple of ultrafire 18650 3000 mah batteries. I brought the vamo to work with a full battery and had run out by the time I came home. Did not smoke it much 70-80 puffs at 8-9 watts. I bought the batteries from a chinese site so reckon they are duds. My query is what are the best batteries to get and also what tank is best to get. Newbie to all of this so any advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Batteries, I would suggest Samsung, Efest, Sony or AW. Tanks, depends on what your after, capacity,durability etc. Flavour of the month seems to be Aspire Nautilis. I use one daily and it'd look good on a Vamo : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I used Vamos for around 2 years, the older V2, the V3 and the V5. I used the same batt's for all that times across them, the pink samsung ones, and the green panasonics. They were about €8-€10 a piece, but like I say, they did me all that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnnykildare

Where is the best place to get batteries, bricks and mortar or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

If you're buying batteries online, make sure they are legit. There are a lot of copies out there that could be dangerous. The average price is from €8 upwards, look at the Mah,,,,,higher number,longer use. Check the amps too, high drain batteries are better :)

If they have them local to you then it's worth getting them there of course, but the likes of Thebestshop would have them out to you in 2 days

yeah, should have said, I was quoting 18650 batts - the green panasonic ones I mentioned, are a longer lasting, 3400mah, which is why they're more pricey [€11)

For 18350 ones I used the purple Efest high drain ones. They're €5 on bestshop. Just using them as an example as that's where I got mine from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

hi, just bought a vamo v6 (first mod was using e twist, spinner etc) and bought a couple of ultrafire 18650 3000 mah batteries. I brought the vamo to work with a full battery and had run out by the time I came home. Did not smoke it much 70-80 puffs at 8-9 watts. I bought the batteries from a chinese site so reckon they are duds. My query is what are the best batteries to get and also what tank is best to get. Newbie to all of this so any advice welcome!

Cant remember if the vamo takes button top or not but id go with these if so...

http://www.xecig.ie/products/aw-imr-18650-3-7v-2000mah-7-4wh

It'll take both, there's a spring in the end cap to allow for them

Thanks for all your replies. I think I will go for the panosonic ones you were on about thecageyone, but they are currently sold out. I am in no rush so can wait. Trond does it mater if there is a button on the battery or not?

The button doesn't matter, just whether they fit snug or not. In your Vamo you should be fine with either, because of the spring. I've used both types. In some mods you can't use one or other, because they're more measured to fit and don't use springs.

The green pano's are great i think, I've had mine a long time as I said, and they still work grand. I feel like they don't hold charge as good as they used to, but that's just the norm with aging batteries.

I'd suggest getting a Nitecore 4 bay charger too, and a few spare batt's - so you'll always have some charging when using others.

Thecageyone, how long would one of the panosonic batteries fully charged last in the vamo if vaping around 8-10 watts?

• Advertisement

I was normally in around 9-10w on the Vamo and I'd get the best part of the day from one at least. I'm on the iStick now which is a whole other ball game, but beforehand I was used to having batt's on the charge all the time, and I'd switch them out when they dropped to 3.7 - 3.8v - just out of habit. So i imagine you could go longer if you don't mind dropping a bit below that.

Hi Thecageyone, this might be a stupid question but how would you know the battery had dropped below 3.7 V, as i said newbie to all this.

If you hold the left button on the vamo down for a few seconds, it'll display the current volts of the battery, or at least mine did :) it'll be in the settings somewhere at least. Unless they changed it for the V6, I'd bet on that being how to check

Advertisement