Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

going off books

Options
  • 04-03-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I have a question regarding off books, I am a JF in TCD but due to personal and financial reasons it would be ideal for me to not have to physically attend college for the remainder of this year, but still hand in course work and sit my exams.... is this a case of going "off-books"?! I'm a little confused about it's meaning, I'm not looking to repeat JF next year,
    Thanks

Comments

Talk to your tutor. That's what they are there for. If you don't know your tutor, contact the senior tutor's office. Alternatively the students' union education officer will be able to guide you through the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I agree with the above. Going off books means that for that period of time, you are not registered as a student, you don't have a student card, you don't attend lectures and you don't submit assignments. So I don't think going off books is what you're looking to do. Definitely speak to your tutor; you would probably need to speak to your course co-ordinator as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Couldn't you just not show up to class anyway, and hand in assignments and go to exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Couldn't you just not show up to class anyway, and hand in assignments and go to exams?

Only if attendance at lectures, workshops and tutorials is optional, which is rarely the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

As far as I know 'off books' is just an option for people looking to repeat the year. Providing that they did the continuous assessment work in the previous year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement