Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Management Degree

Options
  • 04-05-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Anyone here applying for this this year or done it before? Anyone know what the work load is like (e.g. college based and LIDL store based work) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

LIDL will work you like a dog. You'll be well compensated and have walk into any retail role you want afterwards.

People don't realise how much money there is in retail management. You'll easily outpace 75% of newly qualified solicitors for at least 5 years maybe 10 if you get the right brakes.

Don't go into it though unless you're prepared for a 60-70 hour week with LIDL. The work is also back breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

LIDL will work you like a dog. You'll be well compensated and have walk into any retail role you want afterwards.

People don't realise how much money there is in retail management. You'll easily outpace 75% of newly qualified solicitors for at least 5 years maybe 10 if you get the right brakes.

Don't go into it though unless you're prepared for a 60-70 hour week with LIDL. The work is also back breaking.

I know a few lads who done these courses and walked into good paid positions afterwards. None of them complained about the work really as you know what to expect with Lidl/Aldi. Great salary at the end of the day.

Correct on the money as above, serious bucks to be made if going down the right roads, 55k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Anyone here applying for this this year or done it before? Anyone know what the work load is like (e.g. college based and LIDL store based work) ?

Hi, I've applied for it and have an assessment date next week in Limerick. Did you apply in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Looks like a ploy to me to get someone to do four years work for feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

liam7831 wrote: »
    Looks like a ploy to me to get someone to do four years work for feck all

From what I've heard, their salaries are good from the beginning.

They work you hard. But they train you properly.

And the LIDL staff who I see all look happier than the staff of the largest indigenous supermarket chain, whose managers are regularly described here in less than flattering ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 scoutinglady

I am at the assessment centre in Limerick tomorrow. Does anyone know what to expect in terms of aptitude tests and group exercises etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭JTL

If I was a school leaver I would jump at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

I am at the assessment centre in Limerick tomorrow. Does anyone know what to expect in terms of aptitude tests and group exercises etc

Me too! I'm sitting in a hotel in Limerick scouring the web for any information!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭41Stan41

Hi
    I have an Assessment Center meeting for Lidl in Chareleville next week and was just wondering how you got on with yours . Any tips and also what is the dress code for one of these things ??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭41Stan41

Also do you need to bring anything with you on the day ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 lleyn

41Stan41 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have an Assessment Center meeting for Lidl in Chareleville next week and was just wondering how you got on with yours . Any tips and also what is the dress code for one of these things ??

Thanks

A suit, you can always take off the jacket.
    41Stan41 wrote: »
    Also do you need to bring anything with you on the day ??

Done a few assessment centers/days for mainly engineering jobs. If you needed to bring something they would have told you.

Advertisement