Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst prank you've ever done?

Options
  • 22-04-2013 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Right, this is true & I'm not proud;)

Worked with this guy who had spent time in NY & during this time he developed an obsession with becoming a Fireman. When working with us he was always on about this constantly, showing us pictures of himself next to Firetrucks & just doing our f**king head's in with his bull**** talk.

We knew he had put in C.V's to the Dublin Firebrigade & so we'd decided we'd try prank his ass by me calling him on a Saturday & pretending to be "Jim Lawlor" of the Dublin Brigade!

Told him to dress casual & be in the Tallaght station for 9am sharp on the Monday - He was so excited & told me "you bet ya!!" in his best NY accent... hahaha

He didn't come into work that Monday to us & God only knows what he looked like when he was told that there was no "Jim Lawlor" in the station!!!

He eventually told one of us in the pub a few months later at what had happened that day, that he had to get two buses to Tallaght & felt like an absolute eejit for weeks....

He never talked about being a Fireman again!!

I feel bad though.... really:D:D!

What's yours??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Right, this is true & I'm not proud;)
    hahaha
    I feel bad though.... really:D:D!

Sure. I bet you're sitting there right now with your trousers around your ankles, quivering in sweaty anticipation at the thought of all the forthcoming "gud 1 m8," "omg ur so funy" and "u rly shwed him lol" posts.

Absolutely disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Told your ma I was infertile.

Oops.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Sure. I bet you're sitting there right now with your trousers around your ankles, quivering in sweaty anticipation at the thought of all the forthcoming "gud 1 m8," "omg ur so funy" and "u rly shwed him lol" posts.

Absolutely disgusting.

Ah go away out that ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

2 buses?...thats rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Disgraceful.

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    2 buses?...thats rough.

We honestly never thought he'd buy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

We honestly never thought he'd bus it!

Fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

We honestly never thought he'd buy it!

The bus? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Wow...that's a pretty low thing to do OP...pretty damn low...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Well, that's a horrible thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭1hottmofo

Thats a bit harsh op but none the less a good effort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

That's totally cruel, who are you to p*ss on someone else's dreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Op you crossed the line, actually you're so far passed the line that you can't even see the line. The line is a dot to you!!!

Op you crossed the line, actually you're so far passed the line that you can't even see the line. The line is a dot to you!!!
    Ah I know, it was a long time ago.

He is a Firefighter now in London though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

Can I just preface this by saying that there was a prank war going on between me and this guy I pranked. He was the nephew of the owner of the company we both worked for and actually we got on very well. We did however like to prank each other lol

Thing about a good prank is you have to lay the groundwork and I very carefully did this with the team this guy headed up. 12 lovely but very gullible individuals lol

So this guys birthday was coming up and as usual everyone either clubs together for a gift for whoever is the birthday boy or girl or they get something themselves with a limit of a fiver.

I convinced this team of people through carefully laid lies from weeks before that this guy was a fanatic for gnomes . That his garden was filled with them and he loved them.

So imagine his face when we all gathered in the boardroom and sang happy birthday to him and presented him with his birthday cake and 14 garden gnomes.
    He was totally floored didn't know how to react. Thanked everyone and went off and got a box for his gnomes. I actually nearly had a heart attack from laughing. Now he got me back pretty good but not as good as I got him lol

Ah I know, it was a long time ago.

He is a Firefighter now in London though.

He managed to become a firefighter in London without ever speaking about it again?

Really?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Wow...that's a pretty low thing to do OP...pretty damn low...
    I know Father.... Bless me & Ill say a few Our Fathers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

He managed to become a firefighter in London without ever speaking about it again?

Really?

His interview must've been fcuking amazing.

Really?

Facebook.... You've heard of that haven't you?

;d

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

if yer house goes on fire ,and he is driving the fire engine.....i can hear him laughing already...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

After watching Beverly Hills Cop when i was 10, I went to school the next day with all the bananas from the fruit bowl and shoved them up one of the teachers exhaust pipe on the car.

****ed him up royally.

T'was a funny day. :pac:

Used to fill the holy water in the church with Orange juice or chocolate milk .

Superglue all the household items in a kitchen to the roof at every session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Was at a house party one night in my younger years and saw a pretty nasty prank but had no part in it :D One random guy passed out early and some girls there who obvioisly knew him decided to prank him twofold. They put chocolate in both of his nostrils and messily plastered his forehead in nail glue and stuck fruit pastilles in to it (I'm still puzzled as to why someone would bring sweets to a house party).

About 15 mins later, he's making gurgling noises and someone realises the chocolate is now melting but he's still breathing through his nose and almost choking. They wake him up and he's still half drunk but realises there's something on his head and starts feeling around. He grabbed the now dried nail glue at one side and ripped it all off in one go, taking both his eyebrows and half of his fringe with it. I can still hear the scream he let out.

Never met him after that but heard that he didn't leave his house for nearly 3 weeks afterwards. If I learned one thing that night it's the golden rule of house parties - never fall asleep first :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Someone could have been killed... children could have been killed.. or even worse kittens.

Shame on you.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

We set up a housemates complete bedroom contents out on an ajacent flat roof one night when he was in the pub, we even plugged in the bedside lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Guy I worked with always liked to boast that he was better than everyone else. One of his boast was always that he could type and dindn't need to look his screen or keyboard (which hw could for the most part) What he couldn't do was work out that i was a prïck.
    Went into his outlook auto correct, changed 'server' to 'cock'
    We work in IT but it took about 4days till he had to use the word server. No proof reading lead to hilarious e-mail to a customer to say he would work on the faulty cock after lunch, it's a known issue with this cock and he would replace the faulty cock with a known good cock.
    E-mail had a lit more too it. But that's all that mattered to us

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

Joey is that you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I used the find and replace function on Word to find common words in my friends essay and change them to swears. For instance all the 'and' words were changed to 'f*ck' and all the 'the' words were changed to 'pr*ck'. After a while the whole essay was unrecognisable.

I kept a record of which swears were associated with which words and gave them to him slowly, right up to the deadline.

Unfortunately he forgot to change one word, didn't bother proofreading and submitted the assignment. Queue a hasty email to the lecturer telling him not to read it.

Advertisement