Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ventilation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

lowkeys wrote: »
    Hi Benviewboy,

The system is still working for us with no issues. If i had to do it again then yes i would. After 3+ years in the house i don't really notice it (or think about it anymore) which i can only assume is a good thing at this stage.

sorry for updating old thread.
    mine is in and functional close to 5 years. ZERO issues. i clean the fan out once a year with vacuum. its a very simple concept. and works well for Ireland i think. its only being off for possibly 1 hour in 5 years total...(for cleaning!)
    mine is hanging in the attic. cant hear it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭little_monty

Hi all,
    Just wondering if having DCV negates the need to have a cooker extractor fan in the kitchen?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi all,
    Just wondering if having DCV negates the need to have a cooker extractor fan in the kitchen?

No
    You need a dedicated mechanical extract from cooker, a supplier of DCv should be able to advise.

There are recirculation units, but if this is a new build, look at mvhr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

BryanF wrote: »
    No
    You need a dedicated mechanical extract from cooker, a supplier of DCv should be able to advise.

There are recirculation units, but if this is a new build, look at mvhr.

agreed. they all advise a dedicated out, or carbon filter on your hood. i dont think any MVHR or DC would take the grease filled air from cooker.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    an older thread alright :)

with the Aereco system, is it extracting heated air constantly ?
    Is it a very low extraction, pulling moisture laden air from rooms to extraction points ?
    And in a morning - are your bedrooms cold ? where the moisture controller vents were open and outside cold air has been pulled in all night. just curious.

Thanks

Am planning to retrofit my external walls & windows (currently same temp as outside - cavity block ) and really need some sort of HR or DCV.

k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SeanElec1

Has anyone any experience of the Lunos e2?

They are in the wall vents with heat recovery that work in pairs, the motors reverse direction every 70 seconds so while one is drawing in fresh air the other is extracting stale air.

I am looking for a ventilation solution for a 48m2 open plan kitchen living area. Any info/feedback would be appreciated.

Hi, following from your post 6 years ago, did you use the Lunos. I'm looking at it for a bedroom and en-suite, retrofit. Curious to kow if it was satisfactory, reliable, noisy, effective, etc.
    Regards, Sean

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Mod note:

Sean
    Please stop grave digging old threads. That’s 3 this morning in the same topic. Please just start a new thread.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement