Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning objection quirey

Options
  • 18-05-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Just a small question for anybody in the know,if a person had planning permission objected against can the person apply again straight away or is there a settling period or time frame between re applying?

As far as i know i think an appeal can be made straight away but just say if the person just wanted to normally re apply again,cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

I presume you mean they had a planning application refused by council? There is no waiting period required after a refusal, a planning application can be made right after the refusal. It would be a waste of money/time if there was no changes to the original proposal as planning authorities generally won't change their minds without justification

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

stipower wrote: »
    Hello,

Just a small question for anybody in the know,if a person had planning permission objected against can the person apply again straight away or is there a settling period or time frame between re applying?

As far as i know i think an appeal can be made straight away but just say if the person just wanted to normally re apply again,cheers guys

Has a decision been made on the application yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stipower

sorry guys basically a person has a yard next to my new house i bought recently,the previous owner of my house objected to him building a big shed and his plans fell through as the objection held with the council,

just wondering if the person can re apply anytime after an objection had been successfully upheld etc,cheers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's no such thing as "an objection being upheld" as such. If the planning authority refused it, they would have done so objection or not.

And yes they can apply again as soon as they like, except within a certain period (6 months iirc) the planning notice must be printed on yellow paper, not white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

stipower wrote: »
    sorry guys basically a person has a yard next to my new house i bought recently,the previous owner of my house objected to him building a big shed and his plans fell through as the objection held with the council,

just wondering if the person can re apply anytime after an objection had been successfully upheld etc,cheers again.

I think a new application can be made anytime but as pointed out above the council is unlikely to grant unless the application is different from the original application eg smaller shed, different location, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Keep an eye out for a site notice being erected along the boundary is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 stipower

cheers lads thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

You could also ask your neighbour if they intend to apply again and if you could see the plans.

Advertisement