Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coca Cola Cancer

Options
  • 12-03-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Saw 'Coca Cola Life' in shops a lot more, it doesn't contain the (cancer causing) asperiterimieneieamemeieme that is in coke diet/zero

they banned asperiterimieneieamemeieme in america a long time ago when they found it increased tumours in mammals

are coke preparing for a asperiterimieneieamemeieme ban in europe, or do they just not care about possibly giving us face cancer

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

asperiterimieneieamemeieme

Heeeey macarena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

It's in the majority of soft drinks. The cheapie non brand versions are the worst for it.

househero wrote: »
    Saw 'Coca Cola Life' in shops a lot more, it doesn't contain the (cancer causing) asperiterimieneieamemeieme that is in coke diet/zero

they banned asperiterimieneieamemeieme in america a long time ago when they found it increased tumours in mammals

are coke preparing for a asperiterimieneieamemeieme ban in europe, or do they just not care about possibly giving us face cancer

What the fúck do they be smoking when they name these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Alas, they still haven't banned the industrial byproduct di-hydrogen monoxide so I wouldn't hold much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A fine subject for A.H. Oh, wait........... I have a few cans in the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's not banned. In what quantities did it cause cancer? Please reference the studies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I don't even care if coke allegedly gives me face cancer. Pretty much everything is supposed to give you cancer these days. You could try staying indoors and not eating or drinking anything, but I bet there's a study proving that gives you cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

aspartame ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<looks over at the bottle of coke life on the coffee table>

Ah thanks OP! I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

More likely to die of fatness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Do people still drink this rubbish?
    What the hell is coke even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Wide Load wrote: »
    It's in the majority of soft drinks. The cheapie non brand versions are the worst for it.

Usually just the diet versions.

Anything with aspartame tastes like crap anyway, would love to see it banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Highly priced sugar water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It doesn't give you cancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Syrupey piss water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

antodeco wrote: »

Heeeey macarena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Pish pish pish. All fizzy drinks are pish.

If people were meant to drink pish we'd have evolved a way of pishing into our mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

One study which fed aspartame to rodents found that some rodents developed tumours. The quantities injested by the rodents was huge (must more than a person could ever injest).

A meta analysis of a large number of more recent studies has found no link between aspartame and cancer.

So the existing evidence says its fine.

Lots of things are harmful. This wouldn't be top of my worry list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ever see parents who give their kids coca cola, very bad parenting IMO?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭LeBash

ted1 wrote: »
    It's not banned. In what quantities did it cause cancer? Please reference the studies

This is clearly Cokes PR man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

stankratz wrote: »

Probably asperiterimieneieamemeieme.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Fubrege

It's a carbonated beverage which was created over 100 years ago. It's quite popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

LeBash wrote: »

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Don't eat the lid of the bottle, It's possible to choke on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

One study which fed aspartame to rodents found that some rodents developed tumours. The quantities injested by the rodents was huge (must more than a person could ever injest).

A meta analysis of a large number of more recent studies has found no link between aspartame and cancer.

So the existing evidence says its fine.

Lots of things are harmful. This wouldn't be top of my worry list.

Exactly, the main ingredient in coke is water, and check out these statistics!
    http://www.iws.ie/media/drowning-statistics.178.html
    Dangerous stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

stankratz wrote: »

AFAIK every couple of letters represents something different in the chemical make up of it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

LeBash wrote: »

No, I just think that people who post ****e like this are idiots and should be revealed as charlatans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I looked at the ingredients list, it´s the exact same as normal coke but with stevia tacked on at the end. Apparently that makes it healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Probably best not to go down the route of insinuating a company' product may be responsible for causing cancer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement