Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working at Christmas?

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

What days do you guys and girls have off over Christmas? Im working part time at the moment so i finish on the 19th Dec and back on the 5th Jan.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

23rd until the 2nd. Same as most I'd guess. Still have to work a bit over them days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead only works one night over Christmas. Can't tell you what job it is though as it's a secret. Merry Christmas everybody. Ho Ho Ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Have the 20th until the 27th off. Not too bad. When I worked in Supermacs years ago it was literally just Christmas Day off, that sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

23rd-2nd. The place I work opens a few days over Christmas, but I just refused to come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

finished the 23rd back on the 12th, ooh yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Fecker, I'm "off" on Xmas day and New Years Day but I'm still on fecking call 24/7 both days?!?!?!
    Rosedale6 wrote: »
    What days do you guys and girls have off over Christmas? Im working part time at the moment so i finish on the 19th Dec and back on the 5th Jan.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

18th - 8th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm working alot of Christmas week, including Christmas eve. Have Christmas day and Stephens day off. Working NY day probably.

(part time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Off on the 19th back on the 31st. Go me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭me87_ie

25,26 and 1st. are the only actual days we have off. took a few extra from my hols tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Finish at 2.30 on Xmas Eve and back at 9am on Monday 29th. Stupid Civil Service :mad: Suppose though I should could myself lucky I have a job in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Off 24th, 25th, 26th...Dunno about New Years schedule yet (retail - Xmas staff...dunno how I got XMas eve off though!)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Have the 20th until the 27th off. Not too bad. When I worked in Supermacs years ago it was literally just Christmas Day off, that sucked.
    Was that the Supermacs in Galway? Pighead worked in the one opposite Merlin Hospital way back in the day during the glorious college years. Made an absolute dogs dinner of the place. Burnt burger buns, cold chicken, manky mighty macs, dead children, the works.

Pighead was a one man disaster zone. They sacked him after 3 months after a bus full of kids came down with food poisoning a couple of days after tucking into Pighead's poxy pizzas. "You're fired!" said the manager doing that finger point that all the cool television people do now.

Two months later the same manager knocked on Pigheads door and asked him would he consider coming back. "Fcuk your crummy job, fcuk you and fcuk the horse you rode in on" is what Pighead wanted to say to him. Didn't though. Instead he started back at 6 that evening shuffling back to Supermacs with his shameless tail between his legs..

What has all this got to do with the original post. Not much but to stay on topic Pighead's gonna pretend this all happened around Christmas time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Finish up lunchtime on the 23rd for the xmas party and back on the 5th. Not bad, considering a lot of my colleagues are finished on the 23rd and back never.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

<3 Pighead.

I'm off from the 23rd to the 5th... Oh yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I'm in college and I'm off already :D

I got off on 5th December and I'm back 5th January. A whole month!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was planning on being off from the 23rd - 5th, but I thinkI have to work on the 29th (a bank holiday for me so I get overtime at least), the 2nd, and maybe a halfday on the 31st.

Boourns.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Damn all you people with your "holidays"!! I might get off on christmas eve, and im back on the 29th. It could be worse....i could be unemployed, i guess i cant complain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

25th - 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Off 25th and 26th! Back to work on the 27th :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Off 25th and 26th! Back to work on the 27th :mad:

Me too, Im off the 1st as well tho... Fecked if they think im comin in hungover ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I'm off from Mon 22nd and back in from 26th right up till Sun 4th Jan, then it's back to weekends. Basically if the kids are off school ...i'm working. Holidays for normal everyday people means work for me.

I would not work Christmas day or Christmas Eve for anyone. Don't mind working the rest of it, i love my job, and the craic is mighty this time of year at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Oh it really only counts if they're paid holidays! :)

Off 19th back on 5th . . . SWEET! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Pighead wrote: »
    Was that the Supermacs in Galway? Pighead worked in the one opposite Merlin Hospital way back in the day during the glorious college years. Made an absolute dogs dinner of the place. Burnt burger buns, cold chicken, manky mighty macs, dead children, the works.

No you didn't, you made a pigs dinner out of it :D

I'm finished on the 19th, my birthday, and back in on 2nd.

I'm working the 24th and back to work the 29th..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

off the 20th ( Seattle for xmas) back to work on the 5th.....come ooooooon the 20th :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mark200 wrote: »
    I'm in college and I'm off already :D

I got off on 5th December and I'm back 5th January. A whole month!

Don't you work? I got off college in November but between exams and actual work I wouldn't consider myself off until my holidays on the 20th...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

25th,26th and 31st are my days off. Keeping my holidays for early january as we are expecting our first child :)

happy xmas to all

• Registered Users Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christmas day and New years day are my only days off :( and both weeks i'm working the saturday to make up for it :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

In half day on 24th and then off til the 5th. :)

Advertisement