Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are girls impressed by a guy who can cook?

• 09-11-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Ladies?

Are Women impressed by a guy that can cook? 111 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 111 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

depends what tyou class as cooking.

"pierce holes and microwave for 45 secs" counts btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

well I would be impressed by a guy who cooked. Or even one who would clean up after me when I cooked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I mean proper meals, steak/chicken whatever and some nice vegetables!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Impressed? Maybe, but more likely they would think 'great I have a bitch who will cook for me'....

It starts with cooking and foot massage and ends up with you in a gimp outfit cleaning the toilet bowl with your tongue.. tis a slippery slope young lad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    i did:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Plug wrote: »
    i did:D

me too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm quite the connoisseur, i could cook for the queen!!! *

*Latifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I voted to make a mockery of your poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

You Cooking = Sex Later.

You sitting on you fat ass while she cooks = .....Depends on the woman.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Stekelly wrote: »
    depends what tyou class as cooking.

"pierce holes and microwave for 45 secs" counts btw.

I don't think piercing someones hole while microwaving is very hygenic.

Did you guys think I meant "cook" in the playing jazz sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

If you couldn't understand my post then you have bigger problems than
    cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

About as much as men who can tie their own shoelaces.

Not really nuclear physics now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

It depends on the woman I'd say. My last girlfriend was happy when I cooked for her, impressed though I doubt. It was more a case of 'Great I don't have to make something myself'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A guy who is a good cook (as in, interested in good food, maybe a trained chef)... yes, that would mean sex later as far as I'm concerned.

A guy who can just cook basic stuff - well in this day and age I think most guys can, so it's no big deal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I can cook. I can clean. I can shoo people out of my kitchen. Actually I should really stop doing that, it causes a lot of arguments round the Dr.'s manor.
    >>
    <<
    I've said too much.
    *smart arse comment here*

Dudess wrote: »
    A guy who is a good cook (as in, interested in good food, maybe a trained chef)... yes, that would mean sex later as far as I'm concerned.

A guy who can just cook basic stuff - well in this day and age I think most guys can, so it's no big deal.

Trying to think of what's be basic?
    Cuz I want to be able to cook something and impress her, not that I have anyone to cook for, but when it does arise!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yayes. I loves my food.

I like a man who is able to cook and appreciate the finer things in life. In saying that, I wouldn't see him as my gourmet meal ticket so I can sit on my fat ass and be fed. I like to cook too.

There is a difference in liking food and liking to eat though.

JangoFett wrote: »
    Trying to think of what's be basic?
    Pasta with sauce from a jar and chicken, stir fry, spaghetti bolognaise. Of course all these things are delicious though, and adding quirks such as different veg/herbs to the usual can transform the dish.

• Advertisement

Yeah I like to add herbs and spices and stuff and different sauces.
    Steak, I'd add red onion, garlic, chili flakes and then maybe use a sauce like franks hot sauce or reggae reggae sauce, marinade it in that perhaps. And a nice selection of 4 or vegetables

Hungry now...

Dudess wrote: »
    Pasta with sauce from a jar and chicken, stir fry, spaghetti bolognaise. Of course all these things are delicious though, and adding quirks such as different veg/herbs to the usual can transform the dish.

If I can sculpt a bowl of spag bol into Rodin's The Kiss does that count as advanced?

Mmm... :)

I like Lloyd Grossman sauces also. They're very good quality for jar sauces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Yes. I do like a man that can cock cook.

No. Cooking is my relaxing time...and I am far from relaxed, when people commit heinous acts like scrape the teflon coating on my nonstick surface. :mad::mad:
    I'd have uses for a man with a penchant for washing up though.
    hmm bubbley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I wouldn't be impressed by something every independent adult should be able to do for themselves.

But if he was a particularly good cook I'd be impressed, and I'd be impressed regardless of whether he's a man or woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

And if he treated me like Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen then "YES CHEF!!" :D

Creative Cooking is actually pretty easy once you realise that everything tastes better with a bit of garlic and bacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,066 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If I can cook, then she can damn well clean up after herself. I mean just clean up your plate and fork, wipe the table, and I'll do the rest, but cleaning up after someone's first-degree ingestion-mess kinda grosses me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Overheal wrote: »
    If I can cook, then she can damn well clean up after herself. I mean just clean up your plate and fork, wipe the table, and I'll do the rest, but cleaning up after someone's first-degree ingestion-mess kinda grosses me out.
    Ah no - I cook, she cooks. We alternate and whoever cooks cleans.

It actually works quite well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Kold wrote: »
    Creative Cooking is actually pretty easy once you realise that everything tastes better with a bit of garlic and bacon.
    Let's not forget ketchup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Peared wrote: »

A microwave is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

from my experience women like a guy who will give them breakfast in bed and maybe a cuddle afterwards.

Breakfast ain't hard to cook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Coem round to my place - I do an awesome soylent green.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

definitely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

In 2001 I was a great cook. Not sure if I am now, I haven't cooked since. Years of heated up tinned sh1te and microwave stuff has made me lazy. If I thought a bit of third leg boogie was on the cards I'd give it a damn good go tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I do all the cookin in my place. Love whipping up all sorts.

Stay out of my fuckin kitchen though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

actually cook? yes, but my god if the man can bake? :D

pop.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I find wimmins arent so much impressed by a man who can cook (woo you can maintain sustinence) tasty as it may be, as thoroughly disgusted by a man who cant

I do an excelent Spagy Bol BTW, I use Tomatoes, Chillis, fennel & Garlic that I've grown in my Garden. (also have a few acres of Spuds and some Maize)

and sometimes I slaughter one of the cattle and shove it in the freezer, Women may say that the disaprove of these things but deep down they are mightily impressed by the ability to provide, tis some kind of primal thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

nothing better thank a man that knows his way around the kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I make kick ass scrambled egg :pac:. Other than that i'm like this Fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Peared wrote: »
    About as much as men who can tie their own shoelaces.

The funny thing is that of all the girls i know maybe a handful of them can cook past the point of open packet, pour into dish etc.

The majority of blokes i know can cook very well.

Personally i'm more impressed when a woman can cook these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I agree, I know very few women that can cook. Myself included, until a few years ago. Still, I don't do roasts or spudz though.
    I think it is sort of a breakaway from the kitchen gender stereotyped rebellion thing. Well it was for me anyway.
    I offered to cook dinner in my ancestral home last night, and before I started my brother said 'bitch, get cookin,' i told him to stfu then he got arsey with me and said he would cook. He stood there in the kitchen for a couple of minutes looking around and then said 'maaaaam'.....:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Definitely, with a ex girlfriend when her family was away I cooked her a 5 course dinner in her house. Frankly she was gobsmacked that I was able to cook! Cooking while your parents are in the other room and your girlfriend is waiting for you to ravish her just doesn't cut it :o.

My best dish is... pizza dough stuffed with steak and cheese... with some veg and salad, though I'm not so good at making the dough :D. This would be a more casual type of meal...

When its time to impress.. the big guns come out...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

from my experience women like a guy who will give them breakfast in bed and maybe a cuddle afterwards.

Breakfast ain't hard to cook

I disagree, Having the various bits of a fry all finish cooking at the same time and cooked the way I like is something I'm still unable to do, I'm not sure why but it bugs me so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually I agree with a few others here , there's very few women I know that can cook..but all the lads I know are great cooks.

I'm into the whole Thai and asian cooking myself but I find most packet sauces are woeful in this country so I make most of my own from scratch..

I also Bake :D and if I do say so myself I make the most amazing Apple and caramel pies for desert lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I disagree, Having the various bits of a fry all finish cooking at the same time and cooked the way I like is something I'm still unable to do, I'm not sure why but it bugs me so much.

See the secret isn't to fry them at all. But them all in the oven and then fry the egg towards the end..and if you want to complete the ultimate fry up you should also fry a Fruit scone with some butter on it.

The mixing of the fruit scone , runny egg and bacon is simply heaven mmm
    hungry now dam you !

See the secret isn't to fry them at all. But them all in the oven and then fry the egg towards the end..and if you want to complete the ultimate fry up you should also fry a Fruit scone with some butter on it.

The mixing of the fruit scone , runny egg and bacon is simply heaven mmm
    hungry now dam you !

The girlfriend does them on the george sometimes... I dont mind if its anon hangover fry, but a hangover fry needs to be dripping in grease :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Oh for sure! This one time, I cooked a rasher and 4 seconds later a girl had full sex with me

• Advertisement
Advertisement