Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

Options
  • 20-10-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

So if you have read my previous thread you will know a bit about my situation if not here is a lowdown. I am separated 9 months ago, within weeks of him leaving (I asked him to leave as he had an affair) I wanted to work things out and go to counselling but at that stage he was back out dating and didn't want to work things out. Since then I have asked him several times to work things out and a few times he was nearly considering it but unfortunately it never happened, I was always left very upset and it really took a lot out of me. After discovering he was in a new relationship, I told him in August I was moving on with my life and done with being left hanging on a string. He has been seeing this woman since June and it seems serious but I don't really know anything about it, he takes her out and about in town where everyone can see them, this just broke me and I had to make the decision. Anyway, I sent him a message a few weeks ago about sitting down over a coffee and going through what needs to happen in the separation agreement. He didn't text back until a few hours later and it was about something completely different to do with kids xmas presents... ?? He actually sent me a picture of a kids tablet?? I was a bit thrown, thinking "why wont he discuss this?".. I have sent a few more messages and each time he ignores the topic. I want to move with my life now but it's very difficult when he won't talk about what happens next. We get on very well and have a good friendly relationship for our children's sake and we respect each other but I'm actually getting really annoyed now.. Why won't he talk about this?? Any help or ideas welcomed!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I haven't read your previous posts but have you seen a solicitor?

If not I'd do that straight away.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lostsoul01

Yes, I have spoked to my solicitor she advised if we can sit down and talk about it and come up with an agreement it is so much easier but he doesnt seem to want to discuss it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

Talk to him about going to Mediation to start the process of getting separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lostsoul01

Thanks I will have to talk to him, every message is being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

You can do a certain amount without him.

See a solicitor and ask them to write to him re JS or medication

Register yourself for mediation and ask them to contact him (mediation will only proceed if both parties are in agreement). It is the preferable option as things tend to stay more amicable and at least everything is agreed by yourselves and not by a judge.

Make sure any joint bank accounts are not being used (by you anyway) so you can be clear on separation date.

Don't chase after him too much. Do as much as you can do without him but don't let him dictate how fast or slow the process moves at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement