Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divorcing someone that lives abroad

• 17-02-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of divorcing someone that lives abroad?
    I have applied for legal aid and I am on a waiting list for a solicitor but I was hoping someone on here might have some personal experience?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 loveena88

Macros wrote: »
    Hi me too im lookig for a same reply,my case is my wife is abroad n she want divorce before,n me too,however she is not answering my calls.

loveena88 wrote: »
    Macros wrote: »
    Hi me too im lookig for a same reply,my case is my wife is abroad n she want divorce before,n me too,however she is not answering my calls.

Hi actually the thing is just apply the divorce through your lawyer who is abroad,ur lawyer over there,will get the guards to her place and bring her to court. That what happened with friend case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Hi actually the thing is just apply the divorce through your lawyer who is abroad,ur lawyer over there,will get the guards to her place and bring her to court. That what happened with friend case

Why did they have a lawyer abroad?

If you live here I believe that you can issue proceedings here and once you are able to serve that person, or demonstrate to the court that you made all reasonable attempts to serve that person, you can get your divorce here. It is often advisable for you to be the applicant - which means you initiate the proceedings and they are within the jurisdiction of the Irish courts. For you that cuts out the prospect of travelling abroad and dealing with a legal system you know nothing about.

If your wife is from a European country such as latvia Estonia,Lithuania etc, it is easy to have contact,with an online situation and they do the necessaries for u,how divorce in ireland take very long time and there with 6-10 months u get divorce.and it also depends on the nature of your case,if ur case include properties issues and kids u will have to travel,other u dnt need to,the lawyer represent you there,they do everything for you and even all document u post to them and also they will send you contract by mail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement