Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 focus serpintine belt (no tensioner?)

Options
  • 10-07-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭

so belt had been screeching so went to auto shop to pick up a fan belt. spent an hour looking for the tensioner to no avail. I rang the shop and asked if they knew where it was, they said you had to buy a special tool for the focus so said grand, brought belt back in and they replaced it wit a kit for an extra tenner. now i'm looking at this tool and im like how the f* does this work.

any ideas guys? i assume its just a standard tool there are two pieces to it, a sort of disk thing and a narrow half ring sort of a rim thing. will upload a photo of it tomorrow if its not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

gufc21 wrote: »
    so belt had been screeching so went to auto shop to pick up a fan belt. spent an hour looking for the tensioner to no avail. I rang the shop and asked if they knew where it was, they said you had to buy a special tool for the focus so said grand, brought belt back in and they replaced it wit a kit for an extra tenner. now i'm looking at this tool and im like how the f* does this work.

any ideas guys? i assume its just a standard tool there are two pieces to it, a sort of disk thing and a narrow half ring sort of a rim thing. will upload a photo of it tomorrow if its not.

There are a few Fords that don't tensioners for the aux belts. The tool goes around the edge of the pulley, you then rotate the engine by hand and the belt slides over the tool onto the pulley.

I'd say any motorfactors could get you one..or even ask a local Ford dealer. I've got a few of them free from a couple of Ford garages over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

You get 2 parts in the kit. If your car doesn''t have air con then you only need one of the tools. It fits on over the water pump pulley and then as the Doctor says above you rotate the engine by hand and the belt stretches on over the pulley.

Advertisement