Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour of Switzerland ...Spolier tags required before midnight on day of each stage

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Very respectable ride so far by Tony Martin, still hanging in with Mollema, Kreuzigerm, Costa and Frank with 2.5km to go

Awesome ride by Tony Martin, only lost about 10 seconds to Kreuziger and Mollema, finished at the same time as Rui Costa, put time into a lot of others in the top 10

Deignan hung in too, finished 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I didn't get to see any of the racing today but chapeau to Tony Martin. I wonder will he be able to hang on tomorrow?! He deserves it. Well done to Deignan, very good result finishing in 6th place considering the company he was in.

I didn't get to see any of the racing today but chapeau to Tony Martin. I wonder will he be able to hang on tomorrow?! He deserves it. Well done to Deignan, very good result finishing in 6th place considering the company he was in.
    I watched all the Eurosport coverage. Tony Martin was really impressive, he was obviously working harder than anyone else in that group but he was able to match Mollema, Kreuziger and Costa. Unless Costa was saving himself for tomorrow, I think he'll be able to hang on for the overall.

Although the final climb is HC, it doesn't look too badly suited to Martin's abilities. Longer is fine, and only gets really steep towards the end.

It's hard to gauge how an early attack would work for or against him. On the one hand, he'd never catch any of the other 3 contenders on a climb. On the other, there are significant flat sections between the climbs, that will really work to Martin's advantage. I'm very excited to see how it plays out tomorrow, it might mean a lot to Martin's career.

Tomorrow's stage

HP_9_Etappe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,506 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

missed this yesterday, and have yet to see highlights, but looks like another decent spin by deignan. Pity he sat up on the 2nd (or 3rd?) stage as the way he has been cycling he could easily have finished top 15 at least, especially with wiggins out.

Advertisement