Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Green Brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've had some great craic at Celtic games over the years actually.

Though you do raise an excellent point about the relevance of LOI to this thread in fairness to you.

Nani's hair looked nice yesterday, I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

stovelid wrote: »
    Nani's hair looked nice yesterday, I thought.

Nani's hair is probably as close to being on-topic as your inevitable derailing of the thread with LOI rhetoric I suppose. (I preferred the short back and sides myself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think it was essential for the smooth running of the thread that you clarified your particular position with such precision. Cheers.
    That you tube vid is pretty class I have to say. Great support.
    The LOI alarm went off on flahavaj's browser, in like a shot. Fair play. You must have set yourself a new record there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

CSF wrote: »
    The LOI alarm went off on flahavaj's browser, in like a shot. Fair play. You must have set yourself a new record there.

It's mote visceral than a browser signal: I reckon a bat signal goes off outside his gaff.

Although it's a lonely post these days with his cohorts being slowly but surely site banned.

I replaced it with a bullsh*t detector over the weekend actually, and lo and behold it appears to have retained its 100% accuracy.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I never said you didn't post about football in the Celtic thread. And look at the actual sequence of events here. I open thread, not knowing what its about, read it, am annoyed by it(its hard enough having to read this muck in the team threads), and then post as such. I'm then attacked back, I'm naturally going to reply especially given that most of the retorts have been poor and without a valid point at best.

Its a common trend on the boards soccer forum, someone posts a thread that isn't about football and unless that thread is ridiculously funny and witty, people are going to complain that it isn't about football. You can say that I just don't have to read the threads, but if everyone used that defence, (and I'm not trying to backseat mod here at all, I'm only saying this since you've brought it up), but the whole forum would be clogged with this kinda thing.

You're easily annoyed by the looks of it.

People can discuss what they want when it's relevant to football. You're entitled to air your opinion but what do you expect will happen? You really think the OP will delete the thread because you don't like it? Maybe not looking at it might be the best solution?

Hahahaha brilliant! And the Celtic fans on here do!?:D Needed that laugh tbh.

Fair play to you but I don't see why you're slapping your own back about going to LOI games in a "Green Brigade" thread..

Getting to the stage now where every Celtic thread is derailed into a LOI debate. Record needs changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I replaced it with a bullsh*t detector over the weekend actually, and lo and behold it appears to have retained its 100% accuracy.;)

Tell me about it, it seems to find every thread you post on as well... strange that :P

It has me on ignore.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Like so many others but wait, you go to LoI games dont you? ah well thats you on the moral high ground then

God no, I just like nearly every other country in the world support a local side. No moral high ground, just common sense!

As a matter of interest do you support the GB's fight against this Modern Football antics that they're getting stung with? And if you do does that not make you a complete hypocrite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,287 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

As a matter of interest do you support the GB's fight against this Modern Football antics that they're getting stung with? And if you do does that not make you a complete hypocrite?

Please explain why Coillte_Bhoy would be a complete hypocrite if he did support that fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Please explain why Coillte_Bhoy would be a complete hypocrite if he did support that fight?

I had a reply written and then thought, "nah, **** it, not worth arguing with someone like him". We know what his reply will largely consist of anyway. For the record though, to answer his questions: Yes and No.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Rangers fans have a banner taken away from them which read 'SNP: Weak on criminals, tough on supporters'

Good to see freedom of speech in full swing.