Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long has it been since you had a Shift??

• 12-06-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

I'm married and have been with my other half for nearly eight years (Married 4 months) But I was just thinking about when I used to go to discos and get a girl and go for a shift or a 'wear' as you would hear in Dublin...

Nowadays its all about making Love and Holding and Cuddleing and os course S-E-X..(Dont get me wrong I enjoy some of this,I'm sure you can guess)

But I miss the days of going round the back of the night club OR on the occasional night finding the darkest corner and shifting a girl..It was probably more the fun in (a)Getting a tug (b)Feeling a pair of Boobies (c)The chance of getting caught.. (d) All Three...

I reckon it has been at least 6 or more years since we went and had a proper shift...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Only married four months and he misses the single life....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Id say any boardsies that freqent coppers regularly will be saying "only last night"

I remember underage discos as a teenager, they were the job, they would put Hugh Hefners playboy mansion to shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I worked 7.30 til 12.30 this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Never, as i'm not some sort of turnip muching mulla culchie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

It's been so long that I forgot what 'shift' stood for.

Thanks OP for bringing back some harmless memories :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

*Looks at watch*

16 years, 9 months, 9 days.

Not that I'm counting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Elessar

Thursday.

I work odd hours you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I worked 8.00 til 12.00 this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

"How long has it been since you had a shift??"

...ask your ma what time she left my gaff, then take away 15 minutes;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Jesus, don't think I've heard the word 'shift' used like that since I was 16... "will ye shift hur" *cringe*
    wtf is the etymology on that one, never understood it.
    Same thing with "will ye meet her?" ... "meat her" I could understand. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

*Does maths*

*Rocks in corner and cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 4chan

3 weeks ago I was approached by a girl i knew to see from my course. Most guys would probably consider her hot but she was kinda skinny so i had her in the "possible tranny" category. Anyway, she told me she always thought i was hot and remembering how long it was since i last "shifted" i obliged like the drunken fool i was.

Then she wanted me to sit with her friends who are total dickwads so I left her be. At the end of the night i went back up to her with a friend and asked her would she be interested in a spitroast. She was actually considering it and had actually said yes but her cockblocking friends (the dickwads from before) muttered something about her being drunk and dragged her off :mad::mad::mad:.

True story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My friend wants to know will you shift me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Daz wouldn't shift ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

4chan wrote: »
    3 weeks ago I was approached by a girl i knew to see from my course. Most guys would probably consider her hot but she was kinda skinny so i had her in the "possible tranny" category. Anyway, she told me she always thought i was hot and remembering how long it was since i last "shifted" i obliged like the drunken fool i was.

Then she wanted me to sit with her friends who are total dickwads so I left her be. At the end of the night i went back up to her with a friend and asked her would she be interested in a spitroast. She was actually considering it and had actually said yes but her cockblocking friends (the dickwads from before) muttered something about her being drunk and dragged her off :mad::mad::mad:.

True story.

Do not cross the streams buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

In the 80s with a bogger.

The only situation in which I remember hearing the word "shift".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Misread the title without the f.

Thought that 16 years was a bit long for that! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Its been a long time, been a long time,
    Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

/Plant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

This day last week. was gonna go for tit but then remembered my age...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

If ya can't lift her, dont shift her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Umm.... when did college exams end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

thursdayy two weeks ago we were out for l.c grad night in hayses in thurles. i cant remember much of it there was a lot of alchohol. i vaguely remember the "act" and distinctly remember her saying "jeez your breath stinks of fags" afterwards:(:(. ... bitch:D haha

Advertisement