Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little bastard went for my ankles!

Options
  • 11-06-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Walking home today from the shops when some little ball of dog fur launches itself at my ankles. Now dogs love me. It's the opposite with women though. Only the attractive ones love me. But I'm getting off the point. This little fuzzball manages to connect with my ankle and is just biting down as I jerk my leg free! He was ineffectually supervise by a 12 year old who said nothing, even after the third time he goes for me. She doesn't even respond to my witty repartee. Thankfully there's no damage to my leg, but the little bastard is waiting for me, I just know it.

So AHers, should I have kicked him into orbit or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

No leave the dog alone.
    Perhaps you could have kicked the kid into orbit?

Any chance it was a Jack Russell? Vicious little feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

yea you should have. Teach that bitch a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If dogs don't normally go for you then yes. Lift the evil little bastard off the ground with a swift kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭big_show

Kick the damn dog! It'll teach the dog not to bite again and your doing the next guy he comes across a favor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Kill them both with fire! :mad:

Ah no, it happens, I got a really cool scar from my mates dog who bit me on the calf when I was hammering my mate. 'Twas all in the name of good fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Stupid cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Confab wrote: »
    Walking home today from the shops when some little ball of dog fur launches itself at my ankles. Now dogs love me. It's the opposite with women though. Only the attractive ones love me. But I'm getting off the point. This little fuzzball manages to connect with my ankle and is just biting down as I jerk my leg free! He was ineffectually supervise by a 12 year old who said nothing, even after the third time he goes for me. She doesn't even respond to my witty repartee. Thankfully there's no damage to my leg, but the little bastard is waiting for me, I just know it.

So AHers, should I have kicked him into orbit or not?

Yep. Go for it.

Yep. Go for it.

MY DOG RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Micky Dolenz shut the last thread down, why I don't know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

easyeason3 wrote: »

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

He told you why. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

SpaceDogOne ready for blast off.

• Advertisement

Bonito wrote: »
    He told you why. :)

And I chose to ignore it.
    A harmless thread is all it was.
    I feel like *looks over shoulder* he's a *whispers* Nazi. Shhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

If it was me Id bite the dog, that would teach him a lesson he wouldnt forget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I thought gary coleman died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

easyeason3 wrote: »

IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?

Stick a straw up your hound's arse & blow it up like a balloon for all I care...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Connect with a running clothesline on the kid! BOOM! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

One word - Garryowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

One word - Garryowen.

I know him,nice fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

3............2......1...launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

maybe you should have got down and tried to lick the dogs red rocket, that way nobody will let their dogs near you in future. Upside: your ankles be grand, Downside: speaks for itself really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I'm not sure, it would depend on the circumstances. If it was a smallish dog and it was just nipping at me, I don't think giving it a boot would be a nice thing to do. You could easily break its ribs. If it was a bigger dog and it was actually threatening, it's hard to know if kicking would be much help but I wouldn't hold back if I felt I was in danger.

I do like dogs but I don't feel any of them have the right to bite people for any reason (except perhaps, serious trespassing). I think the correct response would to find out who that girls parents were (the dog owners) knock on their door (or send a letter if you're worried they might be knackers) and explain to them you will contact the dog warden and make a full complaint if you see/hear of similar behaviour.

People that allow their dogs to harass people should not be indulged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I know him,nice fella.

Yip that's him alright, he lives near Sean South.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I always carry a my trusty brick on a string with me for situations like this, little dog attack BAM when bricks on strings attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Run up to it, call it a sissy and run away.

That'll show him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yip that's him alright, he lives near Sean South.

Sean South is a bit of a dick though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Should set that dog up like a free kick. And the owner for sh*Ts and giggles of course. nothing like looking out the window to see a dog fly past to greet your morning...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ah... Dog hatred.

Why... only today I had a restrained Alsatian look at me and the message was undeniable:
    "Another time & place and I'd be painting the walls with yer blood ya wee ****."

It was a Northern Irish Alsatian...

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Confab wrote: »
    She doesn't even respond to my witty repartee

I'm intruiged as to what the witty repartee was?

Please share. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I would defiantly have kicked it if it bit me.

Obviously its owner hasn’t trained it well at all. It often happens with smaller dogs as people are less likely to discipline a small dog then they are a big one.

What if it had been a small child it attacked?

At least if you kicked the dog it might learn that there are consequences to it attacking people.

To be honest a kick would have been mild compared to what you could have had done which is call the Gardaí who could have had the dog put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dogs can sense your past. Karma.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

K-9 wrote: »
    Dogs can sense your past. Karma.

Quite the ironic Username, but dogs can sense your past? I had no idea Derek Acorah was on boards!

If it had happened to me, the little fecker would be playing fetch with Laika soon afterwards

Advertisement