Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New N7 / M50 arrangements

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Travelled inbound on N7 this mornign from Naas heading for Ballinteer and looking fwd. to easier journey courtesy of new freeflow loop for N7E -> M50S but the amount of muppets on the road meant it was worse than ever.

To be fair to the contractors, there are sufficient signs from Newlands X onwards showing what lane to be in for the 3 options ahead, but still, as I neared the Red Cow itself, the amount of lane changing and weaving had to be seen to be believed, what with people leaving it until the last minute to get into the correct lane, or else waking up at the last minute and weaving over to the correct lane for their destination.

One genius to the left of me in the nearside lane was just about to head onto the M50N sliproad when he stuck his indicator on, so I let him into my lane thinking he'd misread the signs and wanted to go M50S, but instead he weaved across 2 lanes to get into the city-centre lane on the outside !!

God only knows what this junction is going to be like when a no. of the freeflow options are open - I look fwd. to the first clown reversing back up a freeflow loop because he finds himself heading towards Tallaght when he meant to head towards Dublin !

Comments

Advertisement