Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wetsuit hooded vest

Options
  • 12-10-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Anyone have anything good to say about neoprene hooded tops?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/neo-hood-wetsuit-top-id_8113866.html

I'd prefer to pick one up locally if anyone knows an Irish surf shop stocking them or something similar.

At the mo I've a neoprene hood but it leaves my neck exposed and means cold Wintry water can slush down my back on a wipeout. Wouldn't stop me going out but I'm looking to treat myself this winter!

thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Better of investing in a good second hand suit

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

There's a place in Sligo that has a reasonable selection of what you're looking for:
    http://www.sunset.ie/cat/wetsuit_accessories

Personally I'd invest in a good hood with a longer neck and a decent thermal rash vest. This will give you more options on warmer autumn / spring days.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

rodento wrote: »
    Better of investing in a good second hand suit

Ah know I've a pretty decent winter suit. Just getting soft in my old age. Thanks though for the response. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

EmptyTree wrote: »
    There's a place in Sligo that has a reasonable selection of what you're looking for:
    http://www.sunset.ie/cat/wetsuit_accessories

Personally I'd invest in a good hood with a longer neck and a decent thermal rash vest. This will give you more options on warmer autumn / spring days.

Why would you recommend that? Are you concerned that a 0.5mm hooded vest would be even too warm under a winter suit (is this crazy, have I forgotten how ****ing cold it gets out there by January/February?!!!) I've a decent short sleeved rashie but it never actually seems to prevent neck rash. But I suppose a good hood might sort that out. Any recommendations there?

That's a really great shop and a decent site too. Nice one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Why would you recommend that? Are you concerned that a 0.5mm hooded vest would be even too warm under a winter suit (is this crazy, have I forgotten how ****ing cold it gets out there by January/February?!!!) I've a decent short sleeved rashie but it never actually seems to prevent neck rash. But I suppose a good hood might sort that out. Any recommendations there?

I don't think you'll be too warm in Jan/Feb time, it's more that come spring time when the water is still quite cold but the weather might be mild and wind chill isn't an issue - On days like this I like to be able to take off the hood when it becomes too warm/gets in the way, but still want the warmth of a 0.5mm for my body. I just think this set up gives you more choices, but to each their own.
    That's a really great shop and a decent site too. Nice one. smile.png
    +1

• Advertisement
Advertisement