Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain biking trails - Cube Acid

• 23-06-2014 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

I just completed the white trail in Ballyhoura on Saturday last with my girlfriend. It was awesome. Approximately 35KM of trails, took us about 5 hours to complete.

I eased into it at the start in order to become comfy with the track/bikes. At times my girlfriend was shouting at me to move and I was going to slow :P

It was a lot of fun and we will be heading down again in a couple of weeks (From Dublin).

We have been to Tree Rock a couple of times and although it was good fun, it was just too fast. It's over before you know it. We are going to try Ballinastoe next but before I head out, I want to change out a few parts on my bike.

I have a Cube Acid 2011, it's all stock parts apart from the breaks (Shimano SLX, not sure of exact model) and the tyres which are Continental Race Kings 2.2. I would like to improve some of the parts on my bike, but I am completely clueless as to what I should look out for.

I would like a new set of tyres, disk rotors (current rotors are 3.5 years old), bottom bracket and pedals.

I am completely clueless as to what bottom bracket and disk rotor I should be looking out for. I am thinking of getting these pedals and these tyres.

Are these products any good? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IceWind

I was also lookign now for some pedals and saw the Wellgo V12.
    Btw check in chainreactioncycles.com as it's cheaper and with Free shipping.
    (can't post the link...)

Would you ming sharing the details for those trails in Ballyhoura?

I was in Ballynastow recently and quite liked it, I don't know yet Tree Rock byt Ballynastou took me with some other people that was just starting to MTB a couple of hours. Again no speeding up, just at a slow page and enjoying the ride.

Advertisement